Leyland Forum

Full Version: school days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i remember in the school hols going to peter withnells house and taking all the matrresses off
the beds and laying the down the stairs then doing falling and rolling down the stairs this included maureen deacons games in his kitchen.thats all for now n frodsham (froggy)
Neil
Those were the good old days, Maureen was a character the last I herd she married a Dutch man and went to live in Holland.

frank h.
Hi frank i remember you living in the first step houses on fox lane and also Rayond newton who still lives in the same
house and across the road was the watkinsons not many of them left.Did you play hid and seak in newtons cellar cant remember
anybody else you might good old days. Neil frodsham (froggy)
I remember watching the queens coronation at the watkinsons .......i think they were the only ones with a telly then
Neil:

I remember Raymond Newton and Sheila Watkinson. I thought they were next-door neighbours in the step houses at number 8 and number 10. IIRC, the Watkinsons emigrated to South Africa. There was a post on the forum a few years ago from Sheila.

I think Eileen's folks (Percy and Polly Nixon) may have lived at number 8, 10 or 12 Union Street when they were first married. Was the first step house right next door to Lord's butcher shop or was there a detached house between them?

Frank
MY NAME IS BARB AND I KNEW PETER W TOO. IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT I WILL POST THIS BEAUTIFUL OF HIM WITH HIS GUITAR
Frank,
As I remember it there was nothing inbetween - just access to a yard which gave access to the gate/enclosed yard at rear of the Stationers (and printing works) - my grandad Alfred Ernest kept his English Collies in that yard - I used to walk them down to Worden Park
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/..._staff.jpg
A link to a photo of staff at Leyland St Mary's in the 1950's.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/...mother.jpg
Me at age 16 while at the National Sea Training School the "Vindicatrix" at Sharpness .
Frank, the watkinsons lived on the left hand side in fox lane opposite raymond newtons,i think
sheila died out in south africa and one of her brothers also died.the other brothers i dont know were they are.The first step house was raymond newtons.

neil
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's