Leyland Forum

Full Version: Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how to stop the shockwave player crash on Google Chrome ? It never happened on IE8 but for some reason happens on Chrome ? On the whole Chrome is better than IE so I do want to stop on it but this shockwave player issue is preventing me from vids !
A real pain isn't it!
It's a clash between the inbuilt shockwave on Google and Adobe which exists as a separate program.
You have to disable the inbuilt by typing in Chrome browser "about:plugins" without the speech marks of course. This brings up all the plug-ins. Disable the flashplayer.
I've got sick of Google Chrome because of this so I'm trying Safari for a while.
I have to say I've never had this problem with Chrome. When does it normally occur?
It's only just started as far as I'm concerned. Just get the message shockplayer has crashed.
I did a search to see if others had had the problem and that's how I found the cause. Until this last week there hadn't been a problem.
I've been watching video clips with Chrome this week and not experienced any problem. Must be lucky!
I was still having problems, then found out that if you click the tool bar ( the spanner at the top right) and "about google chrome" in the drop box, it tells you if you are using the correct inbuilt version of flash player, and automatically downloads the correct version if you aren't.
I hope that's finally solved it.
quote:

Originally posted by noel

I was still having problems, then found out that if you click the tool bar ( the spanner at the top right) and "about google chrome" in the drop box, it tells you if you are using the correct inbuilt version of flash player, and automatically downloads the correct version if you aren't.
I hope that's finally solved it.

Mine just says that my Google Chrome is up to date and nothing else ! When it crashes now I just close it down and reopen it and that seems to work for me ! [Wink]