Leyland Forum

Full Version: Books read lately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently ran across an author whose work I really enjoyed. The author's name is David Roesnthal has a series about a young lawyer who gets involved in crimial trials. The last one I read (I think his second) was called "First Degree" and is set in New Jersey. Defintely worth a read. I have read his firt one, but can't remember the title.

I've also read quite a few of Robert B. Parker's detective novels featuring a Boston private detective name "Spenser". There was a TV series in the US based on his stories a few years ago.

Frank
I'm reading C.J Sansom's "Dominion". It is so good. About what would have happened if Britain had made a peace treaty with the Germans in 1940- loads of spying and intrigue and secret service stuff. absolutely fascinating...highly reccommend it.. a great read.......
I'll have to look for that one, Sandy, thanks for the recommendation.

Frank
I have problems with my eyes after extensive lazer surgery and the varifocal specs I wear don't appear much good for reading so I've not replied until now. Books I read tend to be non-fiction. But it's not easy reading when lines suddenly shoot up into the line above.
Reference URL's