Leyland Forum

Full Version: Leyland Coffee Shop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cotton Mill Coffee

Hello All,

I am originally from Leyland but currently live in Cardiff. After travelling the world for work etc I am now looking at moving back to Leyland or the surrounding area.

My long term plan is to open a coffee shop in the town. Something different, something Leyland could hopefully be proud of.

Speciality coffee focusing on taste and the environment is is to be consumed in. Please see link for the kind of thing I will be looking at opening.

https://leeds-list.com/wp-content/upload...00x450.jpg

I guess im looking for your opinions and thoughts. I know the population of Leyland doesn't seem attractive enough to the big chains like Costa and Starbucks but I am a product based who will build the business on quality and community links.

So, what are your thoughts?
(26-Oct-2017 01:17 PM)run800 Wrote: [ -> ]Cotton Mill Coffee

Hello All,

I am originally from Leyland but currently live in Cardiff. After travelling the world for work etc I am now looking at moving back to Leyland or the surrounding area.

My long term plan is to open a coffee shop in the town. Something different, something Leyland could hopefully be proud of.

Speciality coffee focusing on taste and the environment is is to be consumed in. Please see link for the kind of thing I will be looking at opening.

https://leeds-list.com/wp-content/upload...00x450.jpg

I guess im looking for your opinions and thoughts. I know the population of Leyland doesn't seem attractive enough to the big chains like Costa and Starbucks but I am a product based who will build the business on quality and community links.

So, what are your thoughts?

I hope it goes well. I don't live in Leyland now and am out of touch with the town amenities (or, as it used to be, lack of them!), but in Buckingham where I now live they are very popular and well-patronised. There are at least 7 independents and this summer a Costa joined the fray. I think we might have reached 'peak coffee' actually because 2 of them have recently re-invented themselves as teashops.....afternoon teas and all that.
One of the more popular ones is run by a couple of blokes who seem to have a lot of experience in the coffee trade - they offer a range of coffees from around the world and can advise people who want to try something different. Their little shop is quite quirky, with all sorts of sacks of beans and equipment.
Speaking personally, I like to know that a place will be open whenever I'm in town, rather than closing mid-afternoon after the main rush of shoppers!
Hope I haven't rambled too much.......
John, ex-Leylander.
I am an ex leylander, all I can say to help is location, location, find a good spot in the locality... good luck with your enterprise...
Leyland could sure use a good coffee shop. I always thought someone would have started one before we emigrated from Leyland in 1968. Unfortunately, it's unlikely we'll be customers, as we live about 4000 miles away in the small seaside town of Anacortes in the US state of Washington. In our mid-70's now, I doubt we'll be coming over again. When my younger brother, who lives in Plymouth, visits our sister in Leyland, I expect him to be a customer.

Frank Damp
Reference URL's