Leyland Forum

Full Version: Heritage proposals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South Ribble is considering which properties in the district could be protected because of their special significance. The offices at the junction of Centurion Way and Wheelton Lane, formerly for the Spurrier Works, but currently empty, Leyland House in Altcar Lane, Leyland Motors continuation school in Balcarres Rd. and Beechfield House, also being considered are former BTR offices ib Centurionb Way, the Co-op that was in Chapel Brow, Balshaw's School the old Blacksmiths in Dunkirk Lane ,the old police station the Queens hotel Leyland Lion, Gables Pub and Cranky the green clock in Hough Lane, and the magistrates court buildings.
The Old Original Seven Stars and of course The Eagle and Child, although these are probably already protected. Also, the former Berry's cotton mill at Seven Stars and Pilkington's mill at Earnshaw Bridge.
(21-Dec-2017 06:37 PM)Bill Wrote: [ -> ]The Old Original Seven Stars and of course The Eagle and Child, although these are probably already protected. Also, the former Berry's cotton mill at Seven Stars and Pilkington's mill at Earnshaw Bridge.
Pilkington's Mill is where BTR had a warehouse I think and currently there is a dance studio on top deck?. It's very quaint inside, the stairs going up it are very steep and very narrow. Well worth preserving.
(21-Dec-2017 08:13 PM)noel Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-Dec-2017 06:37 PM)Bill Wrote: [ -> ]The Old Original Seven Stars and of course The Eagle and Child, although these are probably already protected. Also, the former Berry's cotton mill at Seven Stars and Pilkington's mill at Earnshaw Bridge.
Pilkington's Mill is where BTR had a warehouse I think and currently there is a dance studio on top deck?. It's very quaint inside, the stairs going up it are very steep and very narrow. Well worth preserving.

There are a number of businesses in there now, including AFL and of course Warren and Wignall but I imagine the least altered part is where the dance studio/ gym are situated.
Reference URL's