Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low activity level
17-Jan-2014, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 17-Jan-2014 09:24 AM by Martin.)
RE: Low activity level
Sandy, do you mean you have changed your Web browser?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Audrey, since I fixed the logging in issues for most members, the only people who have had problems are those living in other counties

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17-Jan-2014, 10:44 AM
Good to see a bit of rapport this morning. The thing about Leyland Memories on FB it has become repetitive and when you see such threads as "who remembers Robinson's ice cream" you know it's time to knock it on the head. Some good old photos on there though.
Find all posts by this user
17-Jan-2014, 11:19 AM
(17-Jan-2014 11:07 AM)audpluswesties Wrote:  
(17-Jan-2014 10:44 AM)noel Wrote:  Good to see a bit of rapport this morning. The thing about Leyland Memories on FB it has become repetitive and when you see such threads as "who remembers Robinson's ice cream" you know it's time to knock it on the head. Some good old photos on there though.

I agree Noel but in Chorley Then and Now, although lots of good pics too, it has current bits posted - emphasis on bits. If the wide range of already listed topics on here was on the Leyland/Chorley pages which have "took off" I'm sure it would be a success for the forum. Whilst I agree in part with Dave H re older people posting, it isn't just having time - FB pages have all ages posting.
I think Phil might put it better than me - come in Mr. Moss Wink

I am going to suggest to Paul from 'Leyland memories' that he change the name of the page to 'Leyland Then And Now' ! I have tried several times to link the 2 sites and Martin said that there has been an influx of new members on here but they have chosen not to contribute so far ? I will continue to post topics from this site onto the LM site, where there is a will there is a way and all that lark !
[+] 2 users say Thank You to filmoss for this post
18-Jan-2014, 04:59 AM
I'm pleased to see old members suddenly popping up again. Yes, you and Dave are correct to recognise that it's the older members who have the time to look at the site. I've been retired twice, once from Boeing just short of my 57th birthday and again from our county transit agency after a couple of years as a bus driver.

If someone is working full time + overtime in this modern industrial environment, they don't have the time to swan around sites like this, unless they're doing it on company time. Ergo, most of us posting on this site are retired old farts with time to wander around the Internet, which is a good description of me!

That's why most postings are nostalgic, looking back at Leyland as we knew it when we were kids. I'm the wrong side of 70 and emigrated to the US when I was 27, after the TSR-2 debacle and a couple of years in the machine tools industry and then with Norton-Villiers, working on the Norton Commando and AJS Stormer programs.

The last time we visited Leyland, I got lost driving to Preston. I ended up on that road that follows what was the railway line through Cop Lane station. Going back to Leyland, I followed the old way through Middleforth and up Pear Tree. I was glad to see the old route hadn't been bulldozed!

Frank
19-Jan-2014, 07:31 AM
(17-Jan-2014 09:22 AM)Martin Wrote:  Sandy, do you mean you have changed your Web browser?

Audrey, since I fixed the logging in issues for most members, the only people who have had problems are those living in other counties

No Martin I haven't changed ,m

y web Browser but when I want to get on the Forum I go to "ask" and it works/ am generally on MSn NZ as my browser.
19-Jan-2014, 02:51 PM
I don't understand why you need to go to a search engine to visit the forum Sandy. All you do is type forum.leylandtown.co.uk into your web browser and you will end up here.

Are you using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or another browser?

Martin ~
20-Jan-2014, 04:12 AM
(19-Jan-2014 02:51 PM)Martin Wrote:  I don't understand why you need to go to a search engine to visit the forum Sandy. All you do is type forum.leylandtown.co.uk into your web browser and you will end up here.

using Internet explorer Martin. I just usually type in Leyland forum and get to it but it doesn't recognise me......puzzling
20-Jan-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes it is puzzling.

Martin ~
20-Jan-2014, 09:44 PM
Martin and Sandy - I just keep the forum as a favourite (in IE) and click on that; works everytime!

Jerry Threlfall
21-Jan-2014, 04:15 AM
(20-Jan-2014 04:12 AM)sandyship Wrote:  
(19-Jan-2014 02:51 PM)Martin Wrote:  I don't understand why you need to go to a search engine to visit the forum Sandy. All you do is type forum.leylandtown.co.uk into your web browser and you will end up here.

using Internet explorer Martin. I just usually type in Leyland forum and get to it but it doesn't recognise me......puzzling
cracked it. just need to type leylandtown forum. I was using "Leyland forum" and that doesn't work for me.