Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Start
08-Jul-2006, 05:46 PM
New Start
What a load of cowards and back stabbers. If the backroom four wanted to leave and join Davies - why didn`t they have the courage to say so? I read that Peter Williams has been signed up. That`s the man who `had no plans` a few days ago. Let`s hope that making two of them honour (that`s a word that`s pretty thin on the ground around here) their six month contractural notice, puts a spanner in the works. Will Derby wait six months? I doubt it.
Why am I not suprised by all this - we are talking about football after all?
As a matter of interest, who is our new player? I must confess to never having heard of Sean St. Ledger. No doubt he`s very fast over 5 furlongs [Wink].

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-Jul-2006, 05:57 PM

Now then Jim. You know the race is the St Leger, no d[Tongue]
What a bunch, as you say. Billy Davies preached about loyalty when he was at Preston, slagged players off when they went to bigger clubs for more money, as being disloyal. Now known as The Poisened Dwarf.
Sean St Ledger.. apparently an old Irish surname there, was suspended during Mark Wright's management time at Posh for having a bad attitude. Although I believe one or two players under Mark Wright believed he had a bad attitude, particularly where it concerned there wives. Allegedly. Sean is 21 and a ball playing centre half, ie he doesn't hoof it. I'll let you know after I've seen him. Meanwhile a hat trick today for David Nugent.
10-Jul-2006, 03:09 PM

"Meanwhile a hat trick today for David Nugent

Let's hope he has got his strength back, his strength being his speed off the mark, and his finishing. I'll reserve comment until he plays against 'real' players. You can't call Chorley a 'team' can you ? Who's next ? Bamber Bridge ? I once scored a hat trick against them. Of course they were in the 'District' league in those days. [Big Grin] But 1-4 was a good showing.
Quote this message in a reply
10-Jul-2006, 03:18 PM

Bamber Bridge Tuesday night David. I might go, £6 to get on seems a bargain. You weren't reffing when you scored the hat trick were you.[Tongue]
10-Jul-2006, 03:28 PM

Be careful what you say Noel or I'll become a Donkey Lasher, or better still a Hillbilly ;-)
12-Jul-2006, 03:50 PM

Did you go Noel ? £6 well spent if you did, probably the biggest goal tally of the season ?
12-Jul-2006, 04:27 PM

No I didn't David. I ran out of spare time. I normally go but usually these games are dour affairs so I gave it a miss, concentrating instead on upgrading my PC so I can do video editing on it...and now I can.
I might go to the Hearts game then it's Everton and on the 29th I wouldn't be surprised to see a near full house when Man U come along minus I presume their star players? Do you think Fergie would play the likes of Giggs and Ronaldo?
26-Jul-2006, 04:43 PM

New start ? Not a very good one though. They've only managed to win against two non-leage teams, Chorley, and mighty Bamber Bridge. Can't even score against Oldham in 120 minutes !! Not exactly Premiership hunting stuff is it ?
Noel; Have you wasted your well earned cash on a season ticket this year ?
07-Aug-2006, 03:33 AM

Can't even score against a 10 man relagation escaping team from last season, and at home too. What was it ? 19 drawn games last season, and if they had won just two of them they would have gone up automatically. I can see why the home gate is way down. 15,000 for a home opener, but remember Sheff Wed. sold out their allotment of tickets, so how many did North End attract ??
07-Aug-2006, 10:31 AM

At least they manage to finish with 11 players on the field David unlike the team with the name that
sounds like manure. The reason the gate is down, they haven't exactly set the transfer market alight close season have they?