Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cricket club makes history by nightfall
27-Sep-2002, 11:25 AM
Cricket club makes history by nightfall
"Cricket club makes history by nightfall

by Gary York

A unique sporting event which made history in Leyland could become an annual extravaganza.

Hundreds of fans poured into Leyland and Farington Cricket Club on Fox Lane for one of the first ever floodlit cricket festivals in West Lancashire.

And after declaring it a great success, organisers are now looking to do it every year.

Fans were treated to a series of day-night matches with games played out in authentic style.

Eight 40-foot floodlight masts, used during this summer's Commonwealth Games, were positioned at all corners of the ground.

Teams sported coloured 'pyjama clothing' while white balls and black sightscreens were used.

The players even walked out to the crease to loud pop music and when dismissed left to the familiar tune of Another One Bites The Dust ."

This is Leyland

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
19-Dec-2002, 12:09 PM

yawn

Love and LightHayley
Find all posts by this user
18-Oct-2004, 03:17 AM

Whadya mean 'yawn'. I like that idea. I'm looking forward to next yers event. Oh, we've already passed Sept. 27 2003 ? No problem. I'm looking forward to Sept. 27, 2004. What'd ya mean it's already October 2004. Stop the bloody clock. I wanna get off. Lifes too fast for me !! Time flies eh ??
Quote this message in a reply
18-Oct-2004, 08:57 AM

Hayley shame on you !

this is what I got.
===========================================================================
You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages
Find all posts by this user