Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Residents Of Leverhouse Lane
Sorry this reply is a long time after the original post, but I've only just joined.

Anyway, to get to the point & in reply to the original post - I used to live on Lever House Lane, and I knew Kevin Ward.

Infact, not only did I live across the road from him, but I also worked with him, at the Royal Mail, Fleet Street depot, Preston. We were both postal delivery people. Kevin was known as "KP" there, but I won't go into why...! I'm not sure where he's living now, but I wonder if he still drives a Ford Capri?[:p]
Hiya Stacey and welcome to the forum. I used to work at the sorting office in Preston, I hear that it's been knocked down now. That's progress for you.
Martin ~
quote:

Originally posted by stacey

Sorry this reply is a long time after the original post, but I've only just joined.

Hello, Stacey! [Smile] We hope you'll stay around and become one of the regulars!
Hi Stacey, welcome.
Hi Stacey, I`m late (as usual), but welcome anyway, keep posting.
Jim
Hi
I was brought up at 29 Clarence Street, with my brother Peter, and went to St Ambrose church (baptised, confirmed and married there) and Farington CP school.
Played Badminton with Gordon Bretherton at St Ambrose - with John Cocker, David Catterall, Christine Barron, Glenis Bond, Ann Voce(Rimmer) and many others
The moved to St Davids Road with mum & dad around 1965 when they were built by Hemmings & Kent. (Trevor nearly knocked me down one day reversing his posh new TVR)
Great memories
Paul Bullivant
Gordon still goes to North End, Paul, I saw him there a couple of years ago. David sadly died in his fifties, he was one of my best friends at Farington School, used to play cricket with him. Talking of cricket I had a spell working at Fox Lane until about 2 years ago, photo of the 1954 team in there. I recognised quite a few faces from when my dad used to drive the team coach.