Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Residents Of Leverhouse Lane
Hi Sandie, [Smile]

I think you're right ...Metcalfe does sound right .. I'll ask my sister if she can remember.

Ruth's uncle was a regular on the radio ... I have one of his signed photos in my autograph album.
What a good memory you have .. I had forgotten about him.

Ciao Karen.
[Big Grin]

Had to edit .. I forgot the happy faces!!
[:I]
T. D.
That's new to me Percy Edwards brother of Rev. Townson. Is that true?
He's the Rev. Townson's brother-in-law .... true! [Smile]

It's hot and sunny here ... how's the weather in Leyland?! [8D]

Ciao Karen.
T. D.
quote:

Originally posted by Karen

It's hot and sunny here ... how's the weather in Leyland?! [8D]

Piddling down! Now stop gloating!
How I would love some rain here, Its only just Spring & Its already hot. Weve got a fire ban at the moment & the bush fires have already started. Stradbroke Island was pretty bad last week. Its always worse at the school holidays, I dread to think how hot Summer will be. But we heard about the scorching temperatures you had not long ago, it was probably hotter in the UK than we get it here, I felt really sorry for you all.
Eileen.[8D]
Just remember though, Linda lives in Wigan, not Leyland. Surprising how the weather can change in such a short time. Seriously though, I am so glad the hot weather has gone. I'm singing in the rain , so happy again.
The scorching temperatures only lasted for weeks down South. Round here it was only a few days at a time that were too hot for comfort.

Did you not get that torrential rain yesterday in Leyland then, Noel? It never seemed to let up here!
No , it's a lot cooler today though Linda. I had the central heating on for a short time. Brand new boiler, I'm ready for what it can throw at us.
quote:

Originally posted by noel

No , it's a lot cooler today though Linda. I had the central heating on for a short time.

Same here. It was freezing yesterday - I was at a funeral and the wind was fair whistling round the church porch. Brrr! Warmer today, though early mornings are nippy. Won't be long till first frost, I reckon.
The trouble with churches is the roofs are so high. All that hot air up in the ceiling ( as well as in the pulpit) Surely a modern design church would have lower roofs.
Having said that there are some magnificent buildings. The cathedral at Ely I believe takes some beating.