Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Years
27-Nov-2002, 01:50 PM
New Years
What about a Forum Meet? Me and Martin will be in Leyland 28th dec 02 - 3rd jan 03 - wanna meet up? be nice to see you all.

and if anyone knows any good pubs with music for new years eve let me know!

Love and LightHayley
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
28-Nov-2002, 12:28 AM

Hi all
Will be with you in spirit on New Years Eve-hope you manage to get together for a forum happening over yuletide.
As a kid I remember listening for the foghorns and ship's hooters from the river, which sounded so loud on a freezing night at the stroke of midnight- and the bells -plus dad having to go out the back door and come back in with his piece of coal through the front one.
Don't think that was a Lancashire thing but he did it anyway.
Wouldn't venture out on New Years Eve these days-too many hooligans around.
Linda
28-Nov-2002, 12:39 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Hayleypink

What about a Forum Meet? Me and Martin will be in Leyland 28th dec 02 - 3rd jan 03 - wanna meet up? be nice to see you all.

and if anyone knows any good pubs with music for new years eve let me know!

Good idea Hayley. Count me and Margaret in .
28-Nov-2002, 01:26 PM

We can sort out a venue to meet at over the christmas period. Some where like the Eagle, not too loud or busy.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-Dec-2002, 10:07 AM

Evening all,
I would be interested in the meet over Christmas and the New Year if we can arrange a suitable time and place. Would we need to wear a carnation in our buttonhole so that we could recognise each other?
Regards to all,
Brian
01-Dec-2002, 04:16 PM

Hi All, you can count me and hubby in too. It would be interesting to meet everyone.
Vanessa
01-Dec-2002, 07:21 PM

Hi All
If you are feeling fit, on Tuesday 31st December at 1.00 pm, the Leyland Historical Society is having a special meeting at the Museum for a guided tour around the Museum by Dr David Hunt and if there is time and the weather is good enough, a walk around the heritage walk.
The Society thought that this would be a good way to show support for the Museum as it is currently under review by South Ribble.
The forum meeting sounds a great idea, count me in
Peter Houghton
01-Dec-2002, 11:02 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Martin

We can sort out a venue to meet at over the christmas period. Some where like the Eagle, not too loud or busy.

Count me in, Martin!
02-Dec-2002, 05:46 PM

hurrah!!!

ok so we can start getting a date please vote:

28th dec evening OR
29th dec
30th dec
31st dec
1st jan

If people are busy with their families on New Years Eve thats OK - but let us know whcih dates you can make so hopefully we can get a day that suits everyone.

But - still please I need somewhere for me and martin to go on new years eve - i want a bit of dancing,,,but not a nightclub filled with 16 year olds...something in the middle!

thanks

Love and LightHayley
02-Dec-2002, 07:52 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Hayleypink

ok so we can start getting a date please vote:

28th dec evening OR
29th dec
30th dec
31st dec
1st jan

If people are busy with their families on New Years Eve thats OK - but let us know whcih dates you can make so hopefully we can get a day that suits everyone.

But - still please I need somewhere for me and martin to go on new years eve - i want a bit of dancing,,,but not a nightclub filled with 16 year olds...something in the middle!

thanks

I can do 28th, 30th or 1st...
No use asking me where to go for New Year's Eve - this saddo has only ever been out once on New Year's Eve [Sad]