• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elastic band
Our wireless is fast!
Martin ~
quote:

Originally posted by David

quote:

Originally posted by chrisjames

Are you guys surfing wirelessly. I have heard that this can slow thing down dramatically

What do you mean by wirelessly ?

What I mean is if you have a wireless router connected to your phone line (or cable), then you can connect to the world wide web on a laptop for instance, anywhere in the house. providing your laptop is wireless enabled. In other words you are not connected to the phone line with a wire.[Smile] Wired connection is a lot faster than wireless.
I'm wired. Just wind up the elastic band and everything should be alright ;-)
quote:

Originally posted by chrisjames

Wired connection is a lot faster than wireless.

On our set up there's not a noticeable difference in connection speed wired or wireless until more than one computer is using the wireless conncetion at the same time - then it really
slows down!
quote:

Originally posted by LDunlop76

quote:

[i]Originally posted by chrisjames

Wired connection is a lot faster than wireless.

On our set up there's not a noticeable difference in connection speed wired or wireless until more than one computer is using the wireless conncetion at the same time - then it really[/i] slows down!

I haven't noticed any slow down when we use two computers on ours. I think it depends how much bandwidth you have.
Martin ~
I'm wireless and took me about 3 seconds to sign in!
quote:

Originally posted by Martin

I haven't noticed any slow down when we use two computers on ours. I think it depends how much bandwidth you have.

Two computers isn't too bad on ours; it's when three or more are on that it really slows up. Fortunately this is not a frequent event!
I'm beginning to suspect that it's the loading of the Shoutbox that is causing the slow download of the page. By watching the text at the bottom of the page as it is downloading, it seems to hang up when the Shoutbox is downloading.
And has anyone else noticed, the Shoutbox is hardly used anymore .
The shoutbox makes a little difference but the page should still load in a reasonable time
Martin ~
I honestly don't know what you are all complaining about, and if that is all you have to complain about you obviously have pretty good lives.