Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leyland St Mary's High School
11-Mar-2007, 08:04 PM
Leyland St Mary's High School
Hi there, i'm new to the forum. Just wondered if anybody remembers me. My name is Francis Rameil and i went to the High School from 1969 to 1972 before we emigrated to Germany. Can't remember all of the names, but some that come to mind are: Andrew Bibby, John Harris, Gary Snape, John Brindle, Anne Rigby, Steven Jones, Colin Bond and Andy Smith. Our class teacher was Mr. Willoughby and apart from the headmaster Mrs Reddy and a Miss Adams i can't remember any other teacher names. Would be great to hear from anybody.

Francis Rameil
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Mar-2007, 06:09 PM

Does anyone know what happened to any of the above? Are they still around?

Francis Rameil
15-Mar-2007, 06:51 PM

There is a John Brindle director of Fishwicks buses, but I haven't a clue if it's the same one, the rest I have never heard of sorry. Can anyone else help?
17-Mar-2007, 03:25 AM

hi Rammy
Are you still in Germany? Good to hear from you.Are you still in Germany? I now live in Sydney Australia with my wife Anna. I lived in Neckarsulm, Baden Wurtemburg for a couple of years and at one time was going to visit your mum in Winterburg. Hope all is well. How are your 2 brothers John and Paul. I caught up with Snap a few years back. He also had been living in Germany. I think he now lives in Preston.I used to see Andy Bibby around Leyland when i lived there, but the remaining people i haven't really had contact with since school. Another classmate from St Marys lives out here at Bondi Beach and has done for 20+ years Gordon Lawrenson "Tosh" I don't know if you will remember him as he only came to St Marys in the 2nd Year.
17-Mar-2007, 06:26 PM

Hi John. This is fantastic !!! Great to hear from you. My mum did tell me a few times that she had got a letter from your mum and i also knew that you were in Australia. Wanted her to try and get your address or e-mail address. I was driving through Leyland the other week. Now and again i go over to Southport for a couple of days and watch Liverpool and Wigan play. Remember going with me to watch Wigan once? You all laughed at me when i said they would be in the Football League one day.. hahahaha. I went with you and Snap a few times to PNE and went recently to their game against Southampton. Brought back memories, as i hadn't been to Deepdale since i went with you lot. My brothers are fine, hope you're family are ok. I'm married and have two grown up children, Steven is 19 and Janina is 16 in June. Could send you some photos. Would be great to stay in contact. Yes, i remember "Tosh", he used to live on the opposite side of Leyland. Was quite a bike ride to visit him. Remember catching him picking my bike lock during lunch.

Francis Rameil
17-Mar-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi and Welcome ..you two[Smile][Smile]

Isn't this Forum the best?[Big Grin]

T. D.
18-Mar-2007, 07:57 AM

Hi Francis
Great to hear from you. My younger brother Peter spotted your post and sent me the link. Peter lives in Wellington New Zealand. He migrated here to brisbane in 1988 and is married with a daughter. My older brother Bob and sister Julie still live in Leyland and sister Sheila lives in Croston. I see you have kept the faith and are still as keen as i am with respect to the beautiful game. i am a founder member of Sydney FC which started here as a member of the A league a couple of seasons ago. We have our first home game on Wednesday in the Asian Champions league against Urawa reds from the japanese J League. the standard is about that of a kickaround on Worden Park but it is improving. Did you go to the world cup? Some of the guys went from here and were so impressed with the country. The Aussies didn't do too bad, but England as usual were dire !!!
do you still play? Tosh still plays here in the over 35s (when hes not picking bike locks in Bondi ..Ha ha..only joking Tosh) I just have a kickaround now and again with 5 a side teams from the office.I still haven't lost the old skills ie can't pass , can't head and can't tackle (Ha Ha). I'm still supporting Everton and this has contributed to my grey hair over the years !! Sydney and the England team are also a great help in that respect !!!! Please send me an email if it is possible through the leylandtown site . If not we will find another way to communicate. Cheers Franny

john

quote:

Originally posted by Frameil

Hi John. This is fantastic !!! Great to hear from you. My mum did tell me a few times that she had got a letter from your mum and i also knew that you were in Australia. Wanted her to try and get your address or e-mail address. I was driving through Leyland the other week. Now and again i go over to Southport for a couple of days and watch Liverpool and Wigan play. Remember going with me to watch Wigan once? You all laughed at me when i said they would be in the Football League one day.. hahahaha. I went with you and Snap a few times to PNE and went recently to their game against Southampton. Brought back memories, as i hadn't been to Deepdale since i went with you lot. My brothers are fine, hope you're family are ok. I'm married and have two grown up children, Steven is 19 and Janina is 16 in June. Could send you some photos. Would be great to stay in contact. Yes, i remember "Tosh", he used to live on the opposite side of Leyland. Was quite a bike ride to visit him. Remember catching him picking my bike lock during lunch.

18-Mar-2007, 10:42 AM

Hi John,
have tried to send you an e-mail. Let me know if you received it or not. Please pass on my best wishes to Peter and of course the rest of the family. Was in Preston a couple of weeks ago, could have visited Snap, thats if he remembers me. Was looking at the forum about Worden Park. Went to the park the other week again. Wonder if all Leyland folk appreciate how great the park is. After school we used to climb over the gate opposite Edale Close and have a game of football. Gave up playing about 6 years ago, then trained an under 12's team until i finally called it a day. I do remember that our school team at the Junior school won the league. One name i remember from those days was Lawrence Sullivan. Remember him? Didn't he go to school in Preston.

Hi Karen,
did you go to St. Mary's High School??

Francis Rameil
19-Mar-2007, 02:28 AM

Hi Francis
I used to bump into "Bull" Larry Sullivan when i lived in Leyland.Do you also remember Pete "Kidder" Dillon and Mick Maguire. I haven't seen Mick for years since i left Leyland Motors in 1980. Pete lives just down the street from my mum. All 3 guys went to Catholic College in Preston.
So which team do you follow in the Bundesliga.? I used to go and watch Stuttgart.
I have recieved your email and will reply.

Cheers

John
quote:

Originally posted by Frameil

Hi John,
have tried to send you an e-mail. Let me know if you received it or not. Please pass on my best wishes to Peter and of course the rest of the family. Was in Preston a couple of weeks ago, could have visited Snap, thats if he remembers me. Was looking at the forum about Worden Park. Went to the park the other week again. Wonder if all Leyland folk appreciate how great the park is. After school we used to climb over the gate opposite Edale Close and have a game of football. Gave up playing about 6 years ago, then trained an under 12's team until i finally called it a day. I do remember that our school team at the Junior school won the league. One name i remember from those days was Lawrence Sullivan. Remember him? Didn't he go to school in Preston.

Hi Karen,
did you go to St. Mary's High School??

19-Mar-2007, 07:17 AM

Hi Francis,

No I went to Winckley Square .. junior and senior.
I was in St. Mary's Guides, Youth Club and drama group.

I'm somewhat older than you, I think.[Smile]

The Duchess

T. D.