Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leyland Regeneration Discussion
William, do they kiss your feet when you enter like they do over here ?
You can still get good "fresh" veg at Paul's Farm Shop, peas still in pods ( weren't they always before supermarkets and frozen food) however frozen peas are supposed to be fresher than those still in pods, which is disappointing.
Who kisses who's feet Alan?
I don't think that having a Tesco's store is a bad thing for Leyland, it's where they have put it that's done all the damage. It's almost as if it fell out of the sky onto the centre of the town.
Martin ~
Martin, In principal one cannot argue with your comments. Reality is far different. If you ask me if I`d rather have a bright building with well laid out (free) car parks or an abandoned, derelict(for 20 years plus), overgrown bomb site - I know which I`d vote for every time. And I suspect you would you too if you lived here.
Jim
I buy all my fresh veg from Chorley market ( as a non driver its easier to get to than Leyland but I prefer Leyland) most of it is locally produced without chemicals.
I'm not sure about the "without chemicals " bit Dedrah. How do we know that?
I trust them when they have a notice up saying all their own produce is grown without chemicals,don't know about others they sell.
Yes I do the same with Paul's farm, but how do we know for sure?
Answer is, we don't.
quote:

Originally posted by noel

Yes I do the same with Paul's farm, but how do we know for sure?
Answer is, we don't.

Though Trading Standards would have something to say about it if there was any false claim and a complaint was made...
quote:

Originally posted by Spitfire

Before any of you ladies question my comment about doing the supermarket shop in an hour, let me assure you that it`s quite possible.

I do it in less than an hour too, though I do go twice a week! What slows me down is those occasions, two or three times a year, when the supermarket has moved everthing round and you have to go up and down every aisle to find what you want! They only do it so you'll impulse-buy, I'm sure!