Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leyland Regeneration Discussion
Can you still go down to Farington Moss and buy veggies in the field? I can remember doing that in the 1930/40`s, complete with soil.
I think even I remember the vegetables in Farington in war time.
On a visit to Lostock Hall recently I noticed signs along the way from Preston showing signs and directions to 'Hampton Court'.Can this be right I thought!
Then was told it's a new housing development.Where is it?
Is something planned for the Railway Hotel and surrounding land at the bridges in Lostock Hall? I used to order my bags of coal from the station yard there.
I even heard a comment that the Victoria Hotel at Tardy Gate may be going. Next door to the Victoria is a long brick building that I think may be used as a Band Hall.
During the war we used to have school dinners there from St James Council School.
The Railway has just undergone refurbishment and re opened last Friday.
Hampton court is a new development adjacent to the railway accessible from Albrighton road I beleive.
I too have heard that The Victoria was up for sale and may be demolished is this true??
Fiverise
Going back to the Leyland regeneration topic, well, the overgrown land shouldn't have been left in a mess for so long, I'm sure it's a deliberate move so that even an eyesore like Tesco's might possibly be viewed as a better alternative. How many times have we seen this happen?!
Noel, Where is Paul's Farm?
Jackie
To Deepdaledreamer
Pauls Farm is in Dunkirk Lane up past the Black Bull to .a sharp left hand bend Pauls Farm is on your right.There are stables and a shop where he sells all sorts of farm produce.
R.White
love reading of the old leyland, lived there 1957-68. will be calling at pauls on my next trip out.
Does anyone remember the farm shop neat where Cannings? haulage, Leyland Lane
quote:

Leyland £4.5m masterplan unveiled

The first stage of Leyland's ambitious master plan has been revealed – the £4.25m regeneration of Hough Lane.
Plans to make the road through the town centre "pedestrian friendly" were unveiled yesterday. It is the first of 49 schemes to transform the town.

Work is expected to get underway on the master plan as soon as next year.

Coun Cliff Hughes, cabinet member for planning and regeneration, marked the announcement as the start of a new era.

He said: "The regeneration of Hough Lane will belong to the people who want to see a dynamic Leyland."

quote:

The plans are now out for the public to look at and comment on. Those interested can contact the council to get involved in the regeneration board.

The deadline for comments and applications is January 18 next year.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Leyland-45m-masterplan-unveiled-.3497010.jp
Martin ~
quote:

South Ribble Council wants to make Hough Lane more friendly for shoppers by turning it into a pedestrian haven.

Regeneration bosses want traders to help them transform Leyland's fortunes and attract people who might usually travel to Chorley, Preston or further afield.

And they have released these sketches to show the public how it could look in the future.

Under the proposed plans five open spaces would be created along the high street, expanding existing areas, creating shared surfaces and cutting off a number of side roads to encourage pedestrians into Hough Lane.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/First-view-of-45m-town.3561017.jp

Artists drawings have been released which show how the regeneration of Hough Lane should look. You can see them(it) by following the link above.
Martin ~
quote:

£4.5m - so where can you spend a penny?

Regeneration chiefs who are spending £4.5m on transforming Leyland town centre are being urged to 'spend a penny' on building some public toilets.
South Ribble Borough Council has described the multi-million scheme to make Hough Lane more pedestrian-friendly as a 'new era for Leyland'.

The plan involves the introduction of five public spaces and regeneration chiefs hope it will attract shoppers and enable the town to compete better with the likes of Preston, Chorley and even Bolton.

However, June Baker, of Kew Gardens, said the priority needs to be the introduction of toilets.

http://www.leyland-guardian.co.uk/leyland-news/45m--so-where-can.3592216.jp

Martin ~