Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone remember...??
02-Feb-2003, 05:55 PM
Anyone remember...??
Back in 1980 in Leyland, there was a youth football team called Leyland Diamonds that made a trip to California, and the following year, the team from California came and played right there in Leyland on Worden Park ???I wonder if any of the readers of this site were team members, or had relations that came over to California ? I was the instigator of that experience, so if you know of any of the folks that made that trip, I would love to hear from them. [8D][8D]
Quote this message in a reply
04-Feb-2003, 04:54 PM

Having read the UFO's in Leyland thread, I can understand why no one knows any of the dozens of Leyland family members that were involved with this happening. They have all gone with the Martians and are now living Happily ever after, on Mars [Sad][?]
04-Feb-2003, 07:40 PM

I can only give a negative response sorry David. Never heard of the Diamonds but big exuse, I lived 230 miles away at the time. Sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-Feb-2003, 10:05 AM

quote:

Originally posted by David

Back in 1980 in Leyland, there was a youth football team called Leyland Diamonds that made a trip to California[8D][8D]

It certainly rings a bell with me, although I can't remember any details about the football team.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-Feb-2003, 03:31 PM

you weren't in it martin??

Love and LightHayley
14-Feb-2003, 10:23 PM

I remember Leyland Diamonds, and their famous trip to America. I played for a rival youth football team in Leyland at the time (much better than the diamonds I should say) and we were so jealous of the great adventure.

Leyland Diamonds used to play on the pitches down Hall Lane didn't they, and Norman Crossley (name?) ran the team didn't he?
15-Feb-2003, 01:13 AM

Norman Crossley was the mayor of South Ribble 2 or 3 years ago. Was he the same person who ran your team?
15-Feb-2003, 02:00 PM

Yep, that's the guy - liked the sound of his own voice from what I can remember [:0]
16-Feb-2003, 10:31 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Ben

liked the sound of his own voice from what I can remember [:0]

[:0]

I've just spoken to our legal experts. Could you all add the following words to your signatures "In my opinion" [:o)][Big Grin]

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-Feb-2003, 04:11 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Ben

I remember Leyland Diamonds, and their famous trip to America. I played for a rival youth football team in Leyland at the time (much better than the diamonds I should say) and we were so jealous of the great adventure.

Leyland Diamonds used to play on the pitches down Hall Lane didn't they, and Norman Crossley (name?) ran the team didn't he?

Ben; So glad to read that at least someone remembers the 'Diamonds'. You were close with the name, but it was Norman Dean that ran the team. Anyway Ben, if you know any of those old 'Diamond' players, let them know about this board will you...thanks, David.