Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rugby Union
06-Oct-2007, 06:34 PM
Rugby Union
Hi All,
Did you watch the game today? We sorted out the Aussies once again!! What an exciting match - Rugby is the most exciting team game in the world = in my opinion of course and that comes from a football fan. The forwards were magic, great discipline, huge mental strength and guile and not many mistakes. Bring on the All Blacks - oh dear, maybe not.
Jackie
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-Oct-2007, 08:02 PM

I hid behind the settee. Just hoping the French beat the All Blacks on home soil, you never know.
06-Oct-2007, 11:01 PM

Oh My Giddy Aunt!!!!!!
The French have beaten the All Blacks - Bring It On!!!!!!!

Jackie
07-Oct-2007, 11:05 AM

I always thought there was an outside chance of France beating them. The All Blacks are notable "bottlers" when it comes to the World Cup finals. They have the 30 best players in the world yet have only won the competition once.
What is pleasing about England is the way Ashton has imposed his style and discipline in such a short time after replacing the failed Andy Robinson under whom England just got worse and worse.
07-Oct-2007, 12:26 PM

Hi Noel,
I totally agree with you Ashton is doing a good job. England v France in the semi-final is a mouth watering prospect. I go to watch Sale Sharks about six or seven games a season and I am making the most of watching Jason Robinson during this tournament as he retired from the Sharks at the end of last season and we will see him no more. I have a huge soft spot for Chebal as he is a Shark too. They have just signed McAllister (All Black) and he is arriving in November so I am really looking forward to watching him. I wonder what will happen today? Fiji v Scotland? Couldn't happen could it?????
07-Oct-2007, 02:01 PM

Hi Jackie, quite a journey for you 60/70 miles each way? McAllister got sin binned yesterday I read, didn't see the game though I was out all night.
I really wish Scotland all they would wish us, which in general is nothing. It would be some achievement if Fiji got through.
08-Oct-2007, 04:05 PM

Have been really enjoying the games. Great passion for the game evident-and nice to see some respect for the referees even though there were mistakes. Loved Fiji's spirit.
Plenty of upsets though.
Have also heard that the All Black Team are being offered for sale on the Kiwi 'Trademe' Site.
Not many takers though.
One woman who had bid $1 said she wanted to withdraw as she had a better offer in Sydney for 50 cents.
Shame!
However I do feel for them -having to wear their silver gear -or 'squirrel gray' instead of the usual black- and then Graham Henry has lost his job as well. [Sad]
Will have to support England now though I have felt all along that South Africa would win in the end.
We will see.
[8D]
08-Oct-2007, 05:04 PM

South Africa or France must be the more likely winners Lynne. What a tragedy for All Blacks though, they have the 30 best players in the world yet bottle it in every major tournament.
England, well I'm amazed they are still there though it must be said it's because the of the forwards and Wilko's kicking. Not what you would call pretty rugby is it/
14-Oct-2007, 12:18 AM

Well Noel,
My friends have gone to see Keith Floyd at The Platform in Morecambe and I had to choose Floyd or Rugby. Right choice I think.
Can you believe it!!! When it comes to pure bottle and grit we will always get the better of the French. Not pretty but awesome. What tackles from Stevens and Worsley. I wonder which ball Wilko was given for the first 3 kicks, interesting that he swopped the ball for the last 2. No fingernails left and a dodgy ticker now but it is worth it!! Can just sit back, relax and enjoy tomorrow's game. Were you behind the settee??
Jackie
14-Oct-2007, 12:59 AM

I recorded it Jackie.
My son went to watch Ian Brown at the Guildhall ( ex Stone Roses lead singer) and asked me to record the game on a dodgy DVD recorder, which I did. Sadly it didn't record.
So I missed it, as did he. I was in Sainsburys trying to avoid TV.
Somewhat mysteriously the reording is working this morning so I can watch it after all.