Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rugby Union
14-Oct-2007, 08:48 PM

Umm, they were a bit lucky weren't they. I prefer fast play from the backs and half backs but England's game is always based on strong forward play. I believe Cadburys paid £700k for the gorilla advert, all 90 seconds of it before the game started. You can see the advert here http://www.aglassandahalffullproductions...MP=KNC-gkw
In the televised one it said something like "Come on the lads" along with the St George Cross, on one of the gorilla's drums. ( I don't think it was a real gorilla by the way.[8D])
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Oct-2007, 12:43 AM

Hi Noel,
Watched the advert and laughed out loud - what is the connection between a gorilla playing drums and CDM? Very funny though. Anyway, did you watch the game tonight. It's a shame pure pride and passion don't win games coz the Argies would have annihilated SA if it were so. They are beatable, most of their points came from mistakes rather than creative play. We will have to watch out for their Billy Whizz (Habana) and Montgomery is a superb kicker. Losing our Josh is a blow but if we can put them under serious pressure from the start then we have a chance. Johnny's kicking will have to be immaculate and they must not make too many errors. Argentina have to be given the opportunity to play in other top class tournaments so they can grow and progress. They have the talent, determination and passion to threaten anyone. I will be a wreck before the game starts on Saturday.
By the way did you catch the quote from Henry V before the game started - Magic!!!
Jackie
15-Oct-2007, 08:53 AM

It's one heck of an advert isn't it Jackie you can see real passion in that gorilla's eyes, [Big Grin]
They are beatable, if it had been The All Blacks I'd have given up but this lot we have more than a fighting chance. Who'd have thought we'd get this far anyway. I adopt the PNE watching syndrome these days, assume they will lose so anything else is a bonus. I see your player Chabal has been cited for a dangerous tackle? I was up in your neck of the woods yesterday by the way running my son and daughter in law to catch the ferry to Isle of Mann.
20-Oct-2007, 01:21 PM

Noel,
I live very close to the port on Half Moon Bay.
You are going to be watching tonight aren't you? Your PNE strategy is a good one. My stress levels have been raised so much over the years by PNE and it has taken me 'til my fifties to learn how to control it. I am surrounded by donkey lashers here for some bizarre reason and it is almost unbearable at the moment.
Maybe Habana will be struck down with food poisoning and Montgomery will break his leg before the game. I have pulled the settee away from the wall in preparation.
COME ON ENGAND!! COME ON ENGLAND!! COME ON ENGLAND!! COME ON ENGLAND!!
20-Oct-2007, 02:08 PM

England can do it! In the wild a Lion would beat a Springbok hands down. I wonder if they will play the B side to Spitting Image's hit "The Chicken Song" if England win? Anyone remember what it was?
Quote this message in a reply
20-Oct-2007, 04:04 PM

Don't know the song Gonzo maybe you could find it on the net and give us a link.
20-Oct-2007, 04:18 PM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PXCQ-9F2o8Q

Apologies to any South African viewers.

I have met a nice South African - I.T fellow at my old place of work. Although he did claim to carry a gun to school in JoBerg.
20-Oct-2007, 04:43 PM

A bit of inspiration:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-c8GeI1Vc
20-Oct-2007, 05:36 PM

I may be watching behind the sofa again. Didn't realise Brian Ashton was ex Hutton Grammar teacher until the LEP pointed it out. Not sure how you could be surrounded by donkey lashers, there are so few of them.[Big Grin] Is half moon bay the bay just past the terminal as you head towards Heysham from it? There's a small car park opposite the bay, I went a walk on the sands there it was quite chilly. I wanted to see the ferry leaving, viewing from the terminal is impossible, unlike at Douglas where you and see the whole bay. Can't remember seeing any houses there, it's a lovely spot though.
21-Oct-2007, 11:21 AM

Were we robbed? I think Mark Cueto sored a perfectly legitimate try, the photos in this morning's papers clearly show the ball over the line and his left foot off the ground.
Unfortunately we gave away 9 stupid points through childish errors tripping players trying to run through the middle 25 yards away from the goal posts dead centre. Boot it into touch for heaven sake. The Bok's line outs were superb, credit to them it was a great game to watch and well done England we're proud of you despite that Australian Video Ref