Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rugby Union
26-Oct-2007, 11:02 AM

A R U game where tries are scored is certainly more exciting and faster to watch.
I believe it was a case of a foot not being in the right place when the touch down was made.
Very technical!
In the old days the referee would have made his decision probably to award the disputed try and erron the side of the scorer but in this day and age he is in a no win situation.
I feel very sorry for referees and umpires -they seem to be the bad guys in many sports and I wonder why many continue with the pressure they are under. In our days of playing sport one accepted the decisions given with good grace and that was drummed into us at the lowest level of the games.
When did all this aggro against refs and umpires start! Was it with Macenro? Sorry can't spell name!!!!!
Look what happens in Formula 1 where You Tube can show a clip and next minute there are investigations which can change fortunes.
Oh well -I still enjoyed the games and England did well.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
23-Aug-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Rugby Union
Awesome rampant performance by ABs @ Eden Park Auckland tonight - Aussies humbled again despite a b....y good effort. Bledisloe Cup ours again for another year!

Jerry Threlfall
23-Aug-2014, 01:20 PM
Awesome rampant performance by ABs @ Eden Park Auckland tonight - Aussies humbled again despite a b....y good effort. Bledisloe Cup ours again for another year!

Jerry Threlfall
31-Oct-2015, 11:19 AM
ABs Absolutely Awesome!

Jerry Threlfall
01-Nov-2015, 10:42 AM
I was at deepdale so missed the match but awesome certainly sums the new Zealand side up. How such a small population can produce teams like this year after year? Australia probably there by default after the Scotland game debacle?