Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worden
09-Jan-2009, 07:39 AM

I remember both you and Mr. Jenkinson during my time at Worden, including all the people mentioned in an earlier message by Davdo2004. I left in 1966 to work in the rubber industry, which was a dominant industry in Leyland at the time. When Dunlop Hiflex (BTR) finally closed in 2007 I ended up in Malaysia working in exactly the same industry, manufacturing the same products.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-Jan-2009, 11:32 PM

'you forgot me!!!!!I taught girls phys ed--Miss yates--then i became Mrs jenkinson when i married Alan jenkinson who taught english--We both left in 1965 and went to canada--ring any bells?????[Smile '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marje jenkins

Welcome to the forum Miss Yates, though I shall call you Marje from now on. I remember both of you, Mr Jenkinson taught us English and was a fun and good teacher. I also remember both of you teaming up and leaving Worden for Canada, in my first year at Worden, a loss to the school, but it sounds like it worked out well for you both so good luck, I guess you are now both retired from teaching.
I also left and moved to Australia in 73 and still live and work in the region, I'm presently working on an Australian aid project building a high school in Nauru -a small island way out in the Pacific on the equator. Its hot every day and one of the hardest places I have ever lived in, but nearly finished here now.
Good to see you on the Forum and best wishes to you both. - Mick W
21-Sep-2009, 11:35 AM

I remember everyone on the list. My how the time has flown by. I'm in Russia just now - should be home next weekend. CliveA [8D]quote:

Originally posted by AlanR

I remember both you and Mr. Jenkinson during my time at Worden, including all the people mentioned in an earlier message by Davdo2004. I left in 1966 to work in the rubber industry, which was a dominant industry in Leyland at the time. When Dunlop Hiflex (BTR) finally closed in 2007 I ended up in Malaysia working in exactly the same industry, manufacturing the same products.

09-Nov-2009, 07:42 PM

Well back from Russia! Short trip to Cyprus since! Now in Scotland! I'd be delighted to hear from any old school pals and their lifes experiences, work, hobies, families and travels since Worden in the sixties - teachers too! Rarely get to Leyland these days but visit Preston regularly - about every 3 months at present.
14-Jan-2010, 06:55 AM

Hi CliveA, only just seen your mail. I'm still out in Malaysia, where are you? When did you leave Worden?
13-May-2010, 09:59 PM

Hi Clive, You have certainly been around the block ! Carry on getting old disgracefully, it is the only way ! You know it makes sense. I was in the same year as you at Worden and yes, I am still alive !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-Feb-2013, 10:52 PM

I left Worden 1971 anybody out there who was there in this era

SB
23-Feb-2013, 10:43 PM

I was there 1955 to 1956,Fred Bond was brother to Lawrence Bond the creator of the Bond Mini.John Graham was P.E. then he had played for Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers first teams,both in the first division then but only as a semi pro.You had to have another job then he told me as the wages were poor,hence he trained to be a teacher.I lived next door to him years after leaving Worden,he was a lovely bloke,taught us technical drawing when Slipper George came.
23-Feb-2013, 11:01 PM

Just remembered,Bob Snape "no relation to the previously mentioned Mick"I don't think as he came from Euxton way,said to Mrs. Sizeland"How did you get those scars on your face Miss?".We all thought he's in trouble now,but no she told us a tale of when in an air raid shelter during the war a woman went berserk with a frying pan and she got the worst of it.
14-May-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Worden
(10-Jan-2009 11:32 PM)mick Wrote:  'you forgot me!!!!!I taught girls phys ed--Miss yates--then i became Mrs jenkinson when i married Alan jenkinson who taught english--We both left in 1965 and went to canada--ring any bells?????[Smile '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marje jenkins

Welcome to the forum Miss Yates, though I shall call you Marje from now on. I remember both of you, Mr Jenkinson taught us English and was a fun and good teacher. I also remember both of you teaming up and leaving Worden for Canada, in my first year at Worden, a loss to the school, but it sounds like it worked out well for you both so good luck, I guess you are now both retired from teaching.
I also left and moved to Australia in 73 and still live and work in the region, I'm presently working on an Australian aid project building a high school in Nauru -a small island way out in the Pacific on the equator. Its hot every day and one of the hardest places I have ever lived in, but nearly finished here now.
Good to see you on the Forum and best wishes to you both. - Mick W

Hi Mrs Jenkinson I remember you both very well , Alan took us for English he was a very good teacher. I was in a low grade and I think along with most of the form felt demotivated. However one day Alan told us that it was a very fine margin between us and the grade above us he said we could all do well when we left school because we worked hard and we where as good as anybody else . That remained in my mind and allways will, I went into the constuction industry as an apprentice in 1965 worked hard and in 2012 retired having attained the post of Contact Manager, thank you for making us feel worth somthing Alan. P.S you also told me at age 15 I was going bald, I still have a full head of hair but it is very grey.
Quote this message in a reply