Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scam e-mails
26-Dec-2007, 05:29 PM
Scam e-mails
On Christmas Eve (at 00.46 am) I received an e-mail from Abbey (Bank?) headed "Important - action required for your on-line security ". As I am not, and never have been, with Abbey I did not open it in case it was some sort of scam. Has anyone else had anything similar? Is it safe to open such e-mail?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
26-Dec-2007, 05:31 PM

I get several of these a day from just about every major financial institute you can think of, I suggest you ignore ANY emails from any bank including the banks you are with..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-Dec-2007, 05:42 PM

Thanks for quick response David. I am always wary of strange e-mails, although I have had very few. I did have a couple a few months back from 'foreign gentlemen' stating they had a lot of money to invest (!!), and in future ALL will be deleted immediately.
27-Dec-2007, 09:19 AM

David`s advise is sound. NEVER open them or attempt to reply.

I have just read a great artical where a group are determined to turn the tables on the scammers and believe it or not, have extracted $50 from them in Nigeria as a `deposit release fee`. Great.

Jim
05-Aug-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: Scam e-mails
My wife opened an EBAY account last week and sold a couple of items. Today she recieved an Email so called from EBAY asking for all her bank details asking that she reply within 24 hours or loose the Ebay acount. EBAY dont ask you for any bank transactions it is all done through PAY PAL. Our bank confirmed this must be a scam! by the way the logo was a good copy but some of the spelling let it down. BE WARNED

frank h.
05-Aug-2014, 10:24 PM
There are loads of these things all the time. Regard almost everything as some kind of scam and you will be alright.
06-Aug-2014, 08:28 PM
My wife phoned EBAY this morning to tell them about the scam and they are looking in to it, once they know about these scams they should be able to put a stop to them.

frank h.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to frank h for this post
07-Aug-2014, 02:50 PM
Our ISP includes Norton Security as part of the monthly fee. We've never had problems with viruses, scam e-mails or any other nasties.

Frank
07-Aug-2014, 05:01 PM
Sad to read this as Pat Smith (Smithy) died 6 years ago, and completely changing the subject as its not worth starting a new thread, Amy Dugdale, Farington's oldest citizen died 5 days ago 102 years of age. Amy owned the wool shop on Stanifield Lane for as long as I could remember. I get loads of scams, even on my mobile phone, I've got £2839.45 waithing to be transferred to my bank account "for that accident you had" and also £858 for passing a credit check.