Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dentists
31-Jan-2008, 05:59 PM

The crisis may be eased temporarily, but, at the risk of depressing anyone seeking an NHS dentist, I think a lot of dentists will decide to leave the NHS when the current contract expires in April 2009. So your teeth fixed quick, folks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
31-Jan-2008, 06:14 PM

Heyup, I got my teeth seen to, but I had to go to Wigan to get a NHS dentist. Its a poor do, I'm lucky to have transport and get about a bit, anyone without transport is stuck with expensive private dentists in Leyland.
31-Jan-2008, 07:40 PM

I've just come into this topic. I have been trying to get my son, his wife and 3 year old daughter into a NH dentist with no luck. It really maddens me as they are on a low income and do not have to pay at all. My granddaughter (3) has never been at all. I am on a NH dentist but they won't take her on with me.

Yvonne
03-Feb-2008, 12:03 AM

As I've said before, Yvonne, ring up your PCT - they have a legal obligation to find you an NHS dentist.
Dave, it's outrageous you had to drive down to Wigan to get in with an NHS dentist! The PCT in your area is supposed to make sure there is sufficient provision. However, sometimes they DO find you an NHS dentist, but you have a 4 - 6 week wait for the appointment - no fun if you've got toothache!
03-Feb-2008, 09:23 AM

Good news on the NHS front. The Preston , South ribble area are to get SIX new dentists. That should ease the strain a little.

Jim
01-Apr-2008, 01:44 PM

quote:

Over 5,000 people to get NHS dentist

More than 5,000 letters have gone out to people living in Preston and nearby offering them a place with an NHS dentist.
The news comes after the equivalent of six new dentists were secured and existing dentists were encouraged to increase their NHS spaces.

People living in Preston, Leyland, Chorley, Buckshaw Village and Whittle-le-Woods will benefit from the extra NHS places with new dentists due to set up in those areas.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Over-5000-people-to-get.3933060.jp

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-Apr-2008, 11:33 PM

There's a dentist on wigan road in euxton with a sign outside saying they are accepting nhs but don't everyone rush at once. It's across from St mary's club

kat
05-Apr-2008, 11:37 PM

Also if you need an emergency dentist there's always CDH but you have to phone them first to let them know you're going. I think it's after 6pm when you phone for an appointment that evening.Hello everyone btw. should be online for a good few weeks - going to be off work post op so looking forward to joining in again.Hope the coffee mornings are still going strong

kat
06-Apr-2008, 12:33 AM

Hello, Kat - long time, no see. I hope the op is nothing serious?
06-Apr-2008, 06:46 PM

Thanks, linda, i hope not. I've been troubled with supersponitis tendonitis (rotator cuff)which hasn't responded to treatment, so they're going to get the lazer in on the bone to free it up a bit. Painful I believe, but at least I'll be able to use my arm properly after some physio.

kat