Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NoWcard - Places you can visit
01-Apr-2008, 07:53 PM

What no one has ever said is that where before 9.30 pensioners only paid half fare and invalid passes had a flat rate. That has all now gone and its all full fare so its either full fare or free travel.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17-Apr-2008, 03:25 PM

quote:

Originally posted by shuffy

What no one has ever said is that where before 9.30 pensioners only paid half fare and invalid passes had a flat rate. That has all now gone and its all full fare so its either full fare or free travel.

As I've said elsewhere, I've used mine on the 9.20am to Chorley (115 Fishwicks) without question and also regularly use it at 11.35pm to get back from the local hostelry. Maybe Fishwicks just 'turn a blind eye'-after all, they're getting paid by the council anyway.
18-Apr-2008, 02:30 PM

Yeah but I need to pay full fare before 09:30 in order to get to work. Mine's a disabled Now card. Not that it should make any difference. Fishwicks keep telling me that it's the governments fault not theirs. They have machines you put these cards onto and you get free fare after 09:30. It tells them it's full fare before 09:30 appraently. Not much use when you're going to work.
18-Apr-2008, 06:08 PM

Its definitely discrimination against people with invalid now cards,
19-Apr-2008, 01:28 PM

It seems to be assuming that people with disabilities don't go out to work, which is ludicrous. Lots of people with disabilities are in work. Coudl you apply for flexible working, Shazer, so that you start after 9.30am?
23-Apr-2008, 12:56 PM

No I'm afraid not. We have three shifts and they are 8 - 4 which is what I'm on today, 9 - 5 and 10 - 6 which is what I'm on tomorrow. I need to set off on my 10 - 6's at 8 in the morning as I work on Preston docks, so there really isn't any further room for scope.
13-Aug-2008, 05:48 PM

What I would like to know is, how does one obtain a free bus pass if you dont have a perminant address, ie. like me and my wife who are living on a narrow boat traveling all over the country, we have a postal address but that is a relative who handles any mail for us, it is also our address that we use for bank accounts and doctors.
Terry

Terry
13-Aug-2008, 06:41 PM

Terry, A year ago you may have had a problem when NOW cards were local. (i.e. Preston, Blackpool and Darwen being our boundaries). However with the introduction of the national pass, I would assume that if your bank recognises your relatives address then the same area council will have no problem in issuing you with a bus concession.
You will be expected to supply two copies of a recent photograph though.

Jim
13-Aug-2008, 06:57 PM

Thanks Jim I give it a go.

Terry
13-Aug-2008, 07:25 PM

It sounds what dreams are made of touring around on a narrow boat Terry.