Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old L.M.L. Workers. Are you there?
18-May-2011, 11:00 PM

FAO Ron W
Just been reading your posts from years ago where you mention the landlord of The Gables. That's my Dad, Stephen Melling, not John. He used to work at Leyland Motors with his older brother John, who will have been the organist at the club - my Dad played the drums.
Quote this message in a reply
20-Jun-2011, 12:36 AM

Anabel i still go in the gables and i know your dad very well . i would love to hear from anyold friends who used to go in the gables years ago where i spent most of my growing up years . olivexxx
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
20-Jun-2011, 03:06 AM

quote:

Originally posted by olive wilson

Anabel i still go in the gables and i know your dad very well . i would love to hear from anyold friends who used to go in the gables years ago where i spent most of my growing up years . olivexxx

I used to go in, we all sat in the alcove. Me,our Ste (Moss), Billy Barton, Fred,Mannie, Lenny ( When he wasnt playin pool !! ), Frank Mackeral and Sue, Sheila Core to name but a few !! I dont know how we all fitted in !! Oh and Pete Harris who comes on here !! Bill Leyland , Norman Hilton, !! I'm off again !! [Big Grin]
20-Jun-2011, 09:23 AM

Oooh Phil all that talk of the alcove has made me thirsty Smile
03-Mar-2013, 05:27 PM

Is there anyone out there that used to work in the BX Stores, between about 1963-1980? My name is Alan Hayes, I was a storeman in the Bx for some years, I liked it there,I remember Jack Winrow, a keen photographer who also worked in the stores (upstairs)he was always taking shots of the assembly shop and even took a group photo outside, with the entire staff of the Stores. I would really like to see any photos that Jack took. I also remember Stuart Higginson, a good mate of mine who I have lost contact with over the years, his brother worked on the gate police.
03-Mar-2013, 08:48 PM

Hello Alan, welcome to the forum.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-Mar-2013, 05:53 PM

Are you the same Alan Hayes who played a good game of snooker in the legion.

djh
09-Mar-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi,Dave,
Sorry, Dave, no, it wouldn't have been me, I wish it was me! Can't even play snooker!
Thanks for replying,
Kind Regards
Alan.
09-Mar-2013, 04:42 PM

To anyone out there, this is Alan Hayes again, I worked in the BX Stores around 1963-1980, if it helps you to remember me, I played the drums all around the region for many years, i used to stand in on drums for Brian Norris, at I believe, Farington lobour Club, when Brian used to go on holiday. I think Brian has moved now and I have lost track of him, (good mate).
10-Mar-2013, 02:47 PM

I think that is Alan Heyes Dave.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user