Worden Lane
Leyland
Lancashire
PR25 3EL

[center][img]../images/leyland-worden-park.jpg[/img][/center]

Opening Times
8am to dusk

Facilities
Cafe, Car park, Toilets, Childrens playground.

FREE ENTRY

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-Apr-2008, 07:11 PM

Churches Together in Leyland are having a "Fun Day on the Park" on Saturday 19th April from 1pm until 5pm. Games, Face Painting, Bouncy Castle, Refreshments and Free Activities. Everyone is Welcome!!!

Yvonne
Find all posts by this user
09-Apr-2008, 12:39 PM

This sounds like a fun-day your granddaughter would love Yvonne.
09-Apr-2008, 02:17 PM

Yes I am taking her with my mum as well, so if she misbehaves there will be 2 of us to sit on her!!!

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 02:36 PM

O by the way Smithy, I had Sarah overnight the other week. I planned the whole day with precision timing. Picked her up at 3pm and went straight to my mums for tea. Left there at 6.30pm and Sarah went to bed at 7pm. No noise in night, phew. Got up at 8am, had breakfast. Then I had got a fuzzy felt and we played with that for 1 hour. I also had brought some play dough which we then played with for approx. 1 hour. Watched a bit of children's telly. Then lunch which she ate this time! Played with doll and pram and at 2pm took her home. Went to bed when I came home!!! All in all a sucessful time.

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 05:48 PM

Wonder if the little train will be running on the Park at the fun-day, you and your Mum could go on that as well with her. (P.S. regards to your Mum, Yvonne). Hope the weather is nice, it sounds like a lovely family day out.
09-Apr-2008, 08:09 PM

It sounds like you and your grand-daughter had a lovely day together, Yvonne.
15-Apr-2010, 01:45 PM

I still like to visit Worden Park when I am over from Burnley. Love the train used to go especially for the kids to ride on when they were young - thats over 30 years ago, did bring my nephew a couple of years ago when he was 3 years old, but he lives in Paris, but I do get to have him once a year when he is on holiday. I did miss the Robinsons Ice Cream van though, that used to be great.

Looking forward to a visit to the Park soon.

Sue
16-Jun-2010, 08:45 PM

Two weeks ago went back to Worden. Fantastic. Bacon and egg barm, walk around the woods and a lazy sit in the garden of the hall next to the maze. Went there when I was a kid, take my kids now and sit in the same seat my dad sat in years ago.So many happy memories. Leylands little gem.
03-Jan-2011, 07:41 PM

I remember an old pal David Williams running his train on the park is he still doing it?

djh