Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrician needs you!
Hi Everyone.I have just retired from the Royal Air Force after 24 years, and have moved back to good old Leyland.
I have now started up my own business as an electrician within the local area. If anyone requires any electrical work to be carried out now or in the future, could I ask that you at least keep me in mind.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone within the local area anymore so gaining contacts is a little difficult.I am fully qualified, fully insured, and all my work is guaranteed.I am more than happy to take on the little jobs the big boys dont want. Or indeed the bigger jobs that they do!So if you require any electrical installation work, (domestic or commercial), fault finding, inspection and testing, or PAT testing, please give me a ring for a no obligation free estimate. I can promise you an honest, reliable and prompt service. Thankyou.[Smile]

I S Ellison
Electrical Services
Call Leyland 491096 or Mobile 07833 198265
Iain
Good luck with your new business. Re gaining contacts in the Leyland area, can I suggest the following. Delivered free to homes in Leyland is a small, well-produced, and very handy booklet called Leyland Leader, packed full of local tradespeople and businesses, large and small, which myself and friends have found invaluable over the past couple of years when looking for someone dependable to do work for us, especially small jobs. I needed a 'handyman' a couple of years ago and a friend loaned me her copy of the Leyland Leader - I rang the chap who produces the booklet, and he personally hand-delivered me a copy for myself. And there are no electricians advertised in it (not the Nov.2006 issue anyway), so might be worth thinking about. If it would help, let me know via the Forum and I will send you phone number and e-mail contact of the chap in charge of producing the booklet.
Thanks Smithy
As it happens, I have just placed an advert in the Leyland leader and hopefully that will create some work.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the advice anyway
Iain
Best of luck with your new venture, Iain. It might also help to have some business cards printed and place a few in newsagents' windows and supermarket displays - there's usually only a nominal charge for this and it gets your name noticed.
Thanks for the advice.
I've had some cards printed and will be doing the rounds with them soon.
Iain
All The best with you new venture Iain! As a local start-up business I realise the importance of good advertizing, we also have an advert in the Leader which has already paid for itself, and Kieth who runs the mag is a very helpful chap.

(ps. I know some good web designers if you ever need a site building Smile
Well i am slowly getting the odd 1 or 2 jobs coming through. Fingers crossed that it may lead to greater things!
Thanks for all the advice.
Regards.
Iain
Hope the new business ventures go well for both of you, Matt and Iain!
Yes good luck with it Iain. Can you fix faulty CH thermostats and stuff like that?
Hi Ian. I've seen your van whizzing (not literally!!) up and down Fox Lane as I've been waiting for the bus outside work (nursery). Good luck and I will keep you in mind if the need every arises that i need your services.
jells