Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hough Lane chemists
I was wondering what the vacated alliance chemist on hough lane will be once it has amalgamated with boots chemist and move to the other side of hough lane?
Welcome to the forum Sammy. Is that the chemist almost opposite where Boots are going to? I didn't realise it was closing though I had wondered why have 2 opposite each other. ( The former Walmsleys furniture shop is opening as Boots Chemist shortly)
Yes thats correct.Boots are buying the alliance chemist out and are moving over the road to were the charity shop,number 40 Hough lane?, was.I understand this will happen in october.I have a business in the area and was wondering what the empty shop would open as.I doubt anyone would know at this stage.
Can't add to the chemist query, but wanted to welcome you to the forum, Sammy.
With other shops in the centre closing, I wonder what kind of a shop would do well there?
Maybe Boots will bring another name in with them....
www.leylandminiclub.com - All mini owners/enthusisasts welcome new & old
My understanding was that Boots were opening in the corner store once used by Walmesley`s furniture, or has that changed?
Jim
The new boots chemist opens on monday, 6th october,and will employ the staff already working at the alliance chemist.
quote:

Originally posted by Sammy

I was wondering what the vacated alliance chemist on hough lane will be once it has amalgamated with boots chemist and move to the other side of hough lane?

Well if I am correct the staff from Alliance is going to be staffing the new Boots if this is so I shall not be going in there ,I have been made to wait around far to long on my two visits to Alliance with prescriptions in the past .
For lots of info regarding the new NOW CARD and available routs
visit www.buspassheaven.co.uk
Welcome to the forum Ron. Have you found a chemist where you don't have to wait a long time for them to get your prescription? The one I go to usually takes at least 15 minutes. I swear they must be making the tablets themselves.
I noticed, walking past the chemist's yesterday, that the opening date for the new Boots shop has now been put back to the 20th. I suspect that they've probably found more wrong with the old shop than they expected!
Mick