Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Anne's RC Primary School - photo
22-Aug-2003, 01:55 PM

Martin,

Now you come to mention those names, the faces are ringing bells.

cheers
Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Aug-2003, 01:59 PM

Karen,

From some dim distant memory, I seem to recall someone once saying my mothers family are related to the Roocrofts, distantly of course.
My mothers maiden name is Marsden.
What do you think?

Hope you enjoy your stay in Bretherton.

cheers
Andrew.
22-Aug-2003, 11:20 PM

Andrew, It`s a small world. I have no luck on the geneology web-sites and hey presto! Two members of this forum mention MARSDEN on the same day!

Jim
23-Aug-2003, 11:56 AM

Spitfire,

I take it you are into family trees then?
I tried this with my fathers side but unfortunately I have not got access to my files at the moment so I cannot give any details.
Here are a couple of surnames from both sides just to see if there is any interest for you.
Mother - Marsden, Roscoe
Father - Swift, Jones

cheers
Andrew.
26-Mar-2004, 02:56 PM

Have just seen the school photo posted by John H on the steps of St Annes. Haven't seen it in years. Front row (from memory)left to right is Martin Docherty, don't know, Graham Carr, Me (David Lawrence), Kevin Meehan and just behind him is Brendan Coulton. I also remember Paul Stringfellow, John Knox, Elizabeth Lee, Veronica Nuttall, Mr Greer, Mrs Livesey. I left in 1970 and emigrated to Australia with my family.

Cheers, Dave
27-Mar-2004, 06:36 PM

Hello, Dave! Stick around and join in our many discussion threads!
27-Mar-2004, 09:03 PM

Hi Dave, What a handsome young man you were. Still got the Beetle haicut? Welcome to the forum, and please keep posting.

Jim
27-Mar-2004, 11:58 PM

Hi Dave,it has been many years since that hot and sunny day at St Annes.
Just to refresh your memory:- (? = Dont know)
reading left to right
front row ?.?.? is that you.?,Mark Turner,Ian Nelson,John Chester,John Edmondson.
Second row ?.Stu Holland,(me)Kevin Smith,Mick Sumner,Mike Newsome,Andrew Swift,Martin Hayes,Derek Donnelly,?,Sean Meehan.
Top row Mark Taylor,Colin Dowd,Paul McLoughlin,?,Mark O'Hanlon,Tom Doran,David Roocroft.
That is the best I can do.
If you think that is scary,look at the St Marys Shool reunion.There are afew people from St Annes on there.(click on Home at the top of the page)
Nice to hear from you.
05-Apr-2004, 01:33 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Dave L

Have just seen the school photo posted by John H on the steps of St Annes. Haven't seen it in years. Front row (from memory)left to right is Martin Docherty, don't know, Graham Carr, Me (David Lawrence), Kevin Meehan and just behind him is Brendan Coulton. I also remember Paul Stringfellow, John Knox, Elizabeth Lee, Veronica Nuttall, Mr Greer, Mrs Livesey. I left in 1970 and emigrated to Australia with my family.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reminder on some of the names - seems a long time ago now. I remember you - do you ever hear from Graham Carr (seem to recall you were good friends). Is the name you don't know 'Pat Gittings'? Also back row Tony Cairns, Paul ???, don't know, Chris Bamber. Other names on the pic : Paul? Gough (pronounced goff), Andrew Summers (or Sumners).

JohnH
10-Apr-2004, 08:36 AM

Hi LDunlop, Spitfire, Kevin, John and all other posters. Kevin, is the picture you are describing the one in the St. Anne's forum? The photo I was referring to was posted by John under the "Photographs" heading on the home page. John, of the names you mentioned in your last post I remember Chris Bamber. Wasn't his mother a teacher at the school? Yes, Graham Carr and i were good friends but we haven't been in touch since I went to Oz(except possibly one or two letters just after I left).

Cheers, Dave