Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it true about KFC?
I've been told by a few people that there will be a KFC built where the shell petrol station was on Leyland Lane. I'm hoping its true but maybe thats just wishful thinking. Anyone know if its going to happen?
My understanding was that flats were to be built on the site. I`d also be rather surprised if KFC opened there as they tend to go for more central locations or else an area of heavy passing traffic. I could be wrong of course (it has been known).
Jim
I think it would be a more likely site for flats. I think it's a bit residential for a late night take away. I think it would be very busy though if one went there in Leyland or to be honest, anywhere in Leyland!
www.leylandminiclub.com - All mini owners/enthusisasts welcome new & old
Comparing the UK version of KFC with the US version some years back, I concluded that the UK version used chickens that were long-distance running champions. Never had such tough, stringy chicken.

Maybe they've got their act together more recently, but I vowed never to patronise a UK KFC store again. BTW, in the US, many of the old KFC stores have been remodelled into combination KFC and Taco Bell. Has that happened in the UK?

Frank
Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Time for a grumble - K.F.C.
We have one in Barnsley, in the town centre,with a drive through service window and large car park.

Unless things have changed a great deal, object to yours being sited there. This one is one of the dirtiest places in the town, taking most customers during the evening hours. Traffic is not a big problem, but the habits of customers are, they obtain food from the service window, eat it, and dump any packaging on the floor outside the car. By morning, this is full of discarded litter, which means that an employee has to go round picking up all the rubbish before opening. K.F.C. provide ample rubbish bins, rarely used.

The car park has a low surrounding wall, a target for cars to dislodge, so K.F.C provided large steel pillars to protect the wall. This becomes another target for dislodging, the ornamental brickwork from the wall quickly vanishes, leaving an open rubbish heap.

None of this is the fault of K.F.C. - only the variety of customers coming during the evening who left any manners in the garage when they left home. If you can object - do so.

Next to K.F.C. is a well known Video Store with a small area outside, this is a place for more broken bottles, cartons from K.F.C. and discarded foods from the overnight food shops (we never close) and why all the coat hangers?

Its only a grumble, but how I wish.........
Over the years, I must have eaten at over 50 KFC outlets (during the course of my business - installing sound systems there). Never once did I ever encounter a tough piece of chicken. The BBQ spare ribs were one of my favourites but sadly they stopped selling them a few years back. In those days my meals were free. Since I retired I don`t think I`ve been in a KFC outlet. The £10 a bucket TV ads look to be quite expensive.
Jim
I worked at KFC for a year when I left school and I found that the biggest problem is the customers who throw their rubbish about and their bad manners to staff.
www.leylandminiclub.com - All mini owners/enthusisasts welcome new & old
I have never eaten in KFC... don't think I want to now - I don't fancy wading through rubbish and past rude customers to get served!
I appreciate the comments but I feel you've all gone off the track quite a bit lol
Possibly off the track, but people make these places questionable at times - perhaps just friendly comments.