Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Latitude and Longitude information
03-Nov-2008, 06:01 AM
Latitude and Longitude information
I had wrongly remembered that Google Maps provided lat/long information wherever you put your cursor. When I went to get the data for the two photos I recently posted, I was disappointed to find that it didn't.

It's actually Google Earth that shows the lat/long information, which I have extracted for those photos.

Our house is at 48 degrees, 29 minutes, 44.89 seconds latitude and 122 degrees, 40 minutes, 51.06 seconds. I'm not sure this is ours or next door to the west. The two-colour driveway looks like ours (we added an RV driveway that turned out a different colour), but we're the fourth house from the west end of the street.

The photo I posted in the Financial Crisis string was taken at N 48 deg, 29 minutes, 50.24 seconds and W 122 deg 40' 24.12".

The ferry photo was taken looking from N 48 deg 30' 04.72", and 122 deg 40' 12.28".

If you don't have Google Earth, you should get it. It's a freebie and I'm not aware of any crooks trying to latch on to people who have it. I've certainly found it useful to look up potential sites to which we might relocate, depending on who wins next Tuesday!

I'd be very reluctant to leave Anacortes. As my sister says "It's where God goes for his holidays". It's the first place we've lived where she's jealous that we're here. The only drawback for us is that our four children and their families are 60 miles (Everett), 70 miles (Bothell), 120 miles (Olympia) and 4000 miles (Tokyo) away.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply