Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Winter Project.
29-Sep-2010, 09:44 AM

I`ve just completed my latest project. The `cargo net` contained lemons when Marjorie bought it. We are now at the stage where she makes a pile of `possibly suitable` items and leaves me to bin those that are of no use. It`s amazing just what everyday items you can adapt.
[Image: 2006_0310skipdone0005.jpg]
[Image: 2006_0310skipdone0009.jpg]

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29-Sep-2010, 10:38 AM

Thanks a lot Audrey.
To be honest, I think twice before I post these photos. I often wonder if they are perhaps construed as `showing off` (which I am not). My maim concern is - are they interesting or not? I must confess that Dedrah`s flower arranging and pottery photos caught my eye, as it helps give an insight into the member.

Jim
29-Sep-2010, 03:48 PM

Jim they are great pictures and its not 'showing off' its showing what a great talent you have. Not unlike Dedrah's flower arranging. Just think of all the talent we have on this forum.
30-Sep-2010, 03:48 AM

Great work Jim. i wonder whether we need to try to get more youngsters interested in making things like this. I am sure not that many do these days except the odd airfix kit that Noel has problems with. So would I - not that clever in that direction. But i do feel hobbies are more popular with us oldies than the youngsters. sandy
30-Sep-2010, 06:06 AM

I've managed to get a photo onto this Photobucket thingi, now how do I get it on here ?
John
30-Sep-2010, 10:28 AM

Many thanks Martin, I`ll get some posted.

Audrey, Good memory you have there. I had 18 on display in the entrance of the British Commercial Vehicle Museum. Two have been sold.

John, You have done the hard bit, it`s all downhill from here.
Go to Photobucket and click on your photo
You will see four addresses appear underneath it
Select the bottom one (IMG CODE) Highlight and COPY it.
Then simply come to this forum and PASTE the address in a NEW line of your posting. Job done.

example:- this is my latest model
[Image: RoadLay-Out12.jpg]

Jim
30-Sep-2010, 11:46 AM

Good stuff Jim. Re your comment to John about posting his picture you have to be in Reply to Topic mode, not quick reply. You also have to click the "insert image" format (4th button from the right where it says "Format:" and paste the URL between the img /img brackets
30-Sep-2010, 01:05 PM

Sorry Noel, But I have just copied the the IMG from photobucket and pasted it here.
I used the quick reply box (as always)and apart from hit `paste` I didn`t add any brackets or anything else.
Just try my method - I think that you may be `going around the houses` to end up with the same result.

[Image: 2006_0123100complete0004.jpg]

Jim
30-Sep-2010, 04:17 PM

That seems a bit easier.
[Image: 12-26-2009_037-1.jpg]
01-Oct-2010, 03:08 AM

Here goes. Wot I spend way too much time on
John