Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Winter Project.
01-Oct-2010, 03:11 AM

Wow, it worked. Thanks for the help Spitfire. While I'm at it, heres another, my beautiful 1979 Triumph Bonneville.
John
[Image: Hols186.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-Oct-2010, 04:03 AM

John:

Is that one of the 1960's classics or a modern electric-start version?

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
01-Oct-2010, 05:06 AM

Great pics John- congrats on mastering the photo technology. I am still a bit behind with all this photo stuff. sandy
01-Oct-2010, 05:49 AM

Glad you sorted out the photos. I think you should start your own threads. Model aircraft and motorcycles.

Jim
02-Oct-2010, 12:04 AM

John:

You might consider doing them one size smaller so they don't result in the frame extemding beyond the screen (for us antiques who have 4:3 screens rather than 16:9)

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
02-Oct-2010, 01:57 AM

Great photos John very interested in the Triumph
02-Oct-2010, 06:06 PM

Sandy mentioned hobbies for youngsters today. I remember my Mother teaching me how to knit and embroider and raffia work as well as cooking but then they also taught cooking in school although my brothers didnt much care for what I brought home. I taught my daughter to knit and emnbroider and my sons learnt alot in Boy Scounts as well as loving Lego and building planes from kits with their Dad plus fishing. Lots of time spent outdoors. Television was supervised and limited, lots change in just 20 years. But happy to say my oldest Grandson who is 6 does love Lego. My husband mentioned the other day how youngsters today dont really look at anything apart from computers and TV. When my son brings his children to visit the first thing they do when they get into the car to go home is to turn on DVD's to watch. We would have ours play I Spy.
03-Oct-2010, 12:33 AM

I introduced Rebecca (new member on here) to Airfix models when I bought her one for Christmas, she though they were something only technical people can do. She completed the Spitfire and two other planes, she is now on a BSA C15 Star and loving it. She has a few other kits to work through including HMS Belfast.

Not enough youngsters have hobbies, they have what they call hobbies but these are usually watching TV, chatting to their mates online or something else that is not a hobby.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-Oct-2010, 04:15 AM

Fantastic trumpy John - wish it was mine, what are they worth in the States now
03-Oct-2010, 07:40 AM

I must add Avril, that i think Lego is one of the greatest toys ever invented. I had a huge set when i was a kid in the early fifties, My own children had a huge box and now my grandkids at 4,4 and 3,2 are hooked on it. It 's what they are getting for xmas this year. keeps them amused for hours and is very creative. I also take a big box of it to school when I am arelieving teacher as a treat for the early finishers and they love me for it !!!! Sandy