Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lived in Ryden Avenue...
Hello and welcome, John! :-)
Hi John welcome, I see you are in New Zealand.
Hello John, and welcome.
I found it interesting to read the old posts about Bent Lane!
Better late than never ! I too lived in Ryden Avenue (51) from 1945 to 1955. I remember Bill Rigby. I also went to the Methodist school and then Balshaw's. Some other residents were the Hendersons who had two sons Bill and Lionel, Joe Haig the local councillor.Harry and Helen Scott who had a son John and a daughter Angela.
Terry Jenkinson
Welcome to the forum TerryJ. Do you remember Barry Chilton who went to Balshaw's '57-64 and certainly lived in one of the prefabs in the fifties?
Hi Noel , thanks for the welcome note . No I don't remember Barry , he would have probably have been one or two years behind me at Balshaw's. Probably one year as I think it was 56 when I started. Would have thought I would know him, though we moved to Golden hill just before I started at Balshaw's
Welcome Terry from an old classmate at Balshaws LOL
Hi Dedrah - nice to hear from you . I think the only classmates I am in touch with are Dave Flemming ( we are meeting up in the lakes next week in our caravans - weather permitting !) and Brian Curren
I was never in the same form as Dave but we played a lot of rugby together and have been friends ever since. Oh and of course rocketmanjohn. John was in the year above us but we became friends at Harris Tech. Quite a funny story really as John's dad used to lend him his Jaguar to go to college and on nice days we would have lunch at the transport cafe where the Tickled Trout was built overlooking the river Ribble. Years later I went to stay with John in Louisiana and we were doing the tourist bit and John said ' if someone had said 40 years ago when we were sat by the Ribble that we would one day be stood together looking over the Mississippi we would have thought they were crazy '