Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Park Charges
13-Aug-2009, 03:01 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my logic. . Many shops are competing with Tesco Morrisons or Asda, I personally don't need to travel more than 2 miles to get to Capitol Centre, actually closer than Leyland is to me so let's see shall I travel 2 miles round trip to Sainsburys, take advantage of all the buy one get one free offers and free parking, or travel into leyland, slightly further than Sainsburys pay to park and not be able to buy the things I can at the supermarket. Umm.. that's a tricky one. And when you say "Preston has slightly better shopping than Leyland" you cannot be serious surely. There is absolutely no comparison.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14-Aug-2009, 12:02 PM

Noel you could drive a bit further to Tescos and park for free where most of their goods are cheaper than Sainsburys[Big Grin]
14-Aug-2009, 02:57 PM

Just done that today actually Dedrah, we went for some cloths for work for my wife. Guess what, they hadn't got her size so where did we go? Capitol Centre Tescos where we got what she wanted.[Tongue]
15-Aug-2009, 01:01 AM

quote:

It is not the charging 50p that's the problem, it's the logic of the public!

Cobblers, laddie. Anyone who thinks they can justify charging people to use what they already own just has to be a tax collector.
Quote this message in a reply
18-Aug-2009, 01:02 PM

Called in at the market today ( free parking in Sumner St. ) and there's a notice saying the council have listened to complaints about parking charges and are introducing 26 free for an hour spaces on the market car park in the next 2 weeks. ( Didn't state a date)
18-Aug-2009, 07:38 PM

quote:

Originally posted by batteryhen

quote:

It is not the charging 50p that's the problem, it's the logic of the public!

Cobblers, laddie. Anyone who thinks they can justify charging people to use what they already own just has to be a tax collector.

Now that's what I call Logic[Smile]
David
21-Aug-2009, 07:50 PM

quote:

Originally posted by noel

Called in at the market today ( free parking in Sumner St. ) and there's a notice saying the council have listened to complaints about parking charges and are introducing 26 free for an hour spaces on the market car park in the next 2 weeks. ( Didn't state a date)

The free car parking spaces on Leyland market car park have been up and running for about 3 weeks now.Be careful though as you are only allowed to park for an hour and will get booked for leaving it longer.
26-Aug-2009, 10:25 PM

I always leave the keys in the exhaust pipe. If I'm gone more than an hour in the market, I've either died or found a very rich widow. In either case, you can keep the car. Pay the fine for me, though? Smile
Quote this message in a reply
28-Aug-2009, 04:41 PM

A couple of weeks ago we parked down Sumner Street, there was a P&D machine, but it was out-of-order... such a shame!
On Salford Quays we park at the Lowry Retail Outlet car-park, where if you get your ticket 'fettled' in a shop where you make a purchase, parking is then free (for four hours I think).

http://artistsmock.blogspot.com/
http://www.artistsmock.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-Sep-2009, 01:43 PM

quote:

Originally posted by noel

And when you say "Preston has slightly better shopping than Leyland" you cannot be serious surely. There is absolutely no comparison.

You are quite right. Preston's shopping is far better than Leyland's. (Which speaks more for Leyland than it does Preston, as Preston's shopping is rubbish!)

Anyway, once again, I went into Leyland last Saturday - the busiest shopping day of the week - and lo and behold had no difficulties parking in Sumner Street! So Leyland residents are demanding (and getting) more of what they already don't use!