Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Park Charges
09-Mar-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Car Park Charges
I belive the powers that be are going to charge to park on Worden Park carpark.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-Mar-2016, 12:35 PM
(09-Mar-2016 09:39 PM)frank h Wrote:  I belive the powers that be are going to charge to park on Worden Park carpark.

frank h.

The car park area has been extended as you go in the main car park only one, I should add, to the left. £3 to park at hospital for 30 minutes yesterday.
11-Mar-2016, 04:02 PM
Most places in Washington don't charge for parking except for street-kerb meters in some cities. Bellevue even has a 4-story car park that's free. Anacortes doesn't have any pay-to-park places and even the restaurants' parking area on the waterfront are available for general parking, not just their patrons.

Frank D
11-Mar-2016, 11:46 PM
Most places in towns now do charge. Double yellow lines all over the place force you into a pay car park. How times have changed over here.
16-Mar-2016, 02:44 PM
Don't go to Sydney if you don't like vehicle charges. Not only parking charges everywhere but also road toll charges. In day trip with my brother about 8 years ago we paid about 70 AUD in charges for the day.
17-Mar-2016, 09:41 PM
(16-Mar-2016 02:44 PM)Peter Harris Wrote:  Don't go to Sydney if you don't like vehicle charges. Not only parking charges everywhere but also road toll charges. In day trip with my brother about 8 years ago we paid about 70 AUD in charges for the day.

Is that peculiar to Sydney, Peter or do other cities charge? They obviously want to discourage cars.
18-Mar-2016, 01:47 PM
Anacortes doesn't have any pay-to-park places and even the restaurants' parking area on the waterfront are available for general parking, not just their patrons.

Frank D
[/quote]

Likewise in Taupo

Jerry Threlfall
18-Mar-2016, 05:44 PM
Its the same all over Aus Noel - they are trying to discourage cars in the city centres - free buses - good trains etc - preferential lanes for full cars etc
19-Mar-2016, 02:46 PM
(18-Mar-2016 05:44 PM)Peter Harris Wrote:  Its the same all over Aus Noel - they are trying to discourage cars in the city centres - free buses - good trains etc - preferential lanes for full cars etc

But lots of fast cars around Melbourne city this weekend!

Jerry Threlfall
21-Mar-2016, 04:53 PM
Ha Ha Yes. Its back in Melbourne again. I had a visit there sometime in the 90's when the circuit ran in front of the Carlton Footy Club Clubhouse at Albert Park - God place Melbourne - did you know it is the largest Greek community in the world outside of Greece.