Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
British Transport Police
12-Apr-2010, 12:39 PM
British Transport Police
Early on Saturday evening I jumped over my back garden fence to retrieve my watch that had been thrown over the night before as a jocular jape and was fined £50 for trespassing on railway property ! Someone saw me track side as it were and reported me, and before I knew it I was being questioned by 2 employees of the Transport Police ! A £50 fixed penalty was issued and despite my pitiful claims of naivety and tales of irony of when on numerous occasions in the past I had informed the Police of real perpetrating track side with nothing at all done about it ! , the said penalty stood ! I ask you !! Jobsworth or correct decision ? You decide ! Bearing in mind that I live on the " Minimum speed limit " side of the track. Idiots down the road chucking their empties on to the track one night and chavs kicking hell out of the railway station shelters and nothing happens. A track side resident jumps over his fence to get his watch and bang to rights £ 50 wam bam thank you mam ! I thought a caution would have been the order of the day make me feel like an idiot etc but to slap a fine on me, well discretion was not on this guys agenda ! The fact that he was about 4ft 10in tall and I am 6ft 2in probably didnt help ! Small person syndrome kicked in I think !I was apologetic and polite throughout the whole thing but to no avail ! What annoys me is I stood there waiting for them to approach me as they made their way along the track side. I could have easily leaped back over the fence of a neighbour and ran and that would have been that but I honestly thought I would just get a ticking off. The trespass law is to prevent kids playing and causing wilful damage and to prevent people going near the track etc but a guy jumping over his own back fence to retrieve his watch !! Come on !!!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-Apr-2010, 02:19 PM

Sums up our country these days I'm afraid Phil. On another tack the government were talking about introducing compulsory insurance for owners of dogs, so that anyone attacked by a pitbull or similar would be able to get compensation. Unfortunately our government doesn't think in joined up thoughts. Why should the owner of a 15 year old overweight toothless labrador pay, when the real targeted people ie those owning dangerous dogs, wouldn't bother to insure. If it weren't such a barmy idea.... I suspect you've been trapped by the same disjointed thinkings.
12-Apr-2010, 03:15 PM

What sort of jocular action is that a man allows his watch to be thrown over his own fence, why take the watch off and allow someone else to toss it over a fence amd why wait so long before trying to collect it? Being a former Police Officer myself, Ive heard all types of explanations in my service and I must say that your loss of watch is in category A. Although I must say had I been the Officer concerned you would have returned home with a flea in your ear and £30 still in your Bank Account.
12-Apr-2010, 04:06 PM

It's amazing what people do after a drink Dan.[Tongue]
12-Apr-2010, 08:22 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Dan barlow

What sort of jocular action is that a man allows his watch to be thrown over his own fence, why take the watch off and allow someone else to toss it over a fence amd why wait so long before trying to collect it? Being a former Police Officer myself, Ive heard all types of explanations in my service and I must say that your loss of watch is in category A. Although I must say had I been the Officer concerned you would have returned home with a flea in your ear and £30 still in your Bank Account.

The watch had been tossed over the night before and there was no way I was going to go over in the dark with several jack Daniels and Coke inside me ! And it was £50 !! Like I said I could have done a runner and doubt very much that they would have pursued as I wasn't causing any wilful damage or on the track ! I waited for them to approach me so that I could explain myself but like I said the little man syndrome kicked in with inch high private eye and that was that ! I fully expected an ear bashing and a " Dont let me catch you on here again " but my luck was out and with the £20 I had earlier lost on the Grand National it made for a bad day at the office !! I wont be phoning the police anymore next time I see anyone up to no good track side so they have have lost one pair of vigilant eyes not that they ever did anything about my calls in the past anyway !
12-Apr-2010, 08:55 PM

It used to be hell as no fury like a woman scorned. Why in the first place did you allow someone to toss your watch away?
12-Apr-2010, 09:22 PM

It was a so called magic trick performed by a drunken mate !!
13-Apr-2010, 04:50 PM

I should keep off the coka cola if I were you, it turns iron pipes rusty, what its doing to your stomach goodness knows
13-Apr-2010, 07:10 PM

you sound like a barrell of laughs dan? typical ex rozzer mentality.
ps did you have a tash when you was in the force?
Quote this message in a reply
13-Apr-2010, 07:24 PM

Water rusts iron pipes too Dan.