Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fox Lane School - with photo
08-Apr-2008, 07:54 PM

I went to Woodlea Junior school between 1962 and 1965. Is that the same school as you talk about in the 1950s as Fox Lane?

Yvonne
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-Apr-2008, 07:55 PM

I remember a Mr Young and Mr Stephenson if it is the same school

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 01:22 AM

That was Woodlea just off Fox Lane, and yes Mr Young and Mr Stephenson were teachers there. I just missed you, starting as you left I think. Fox Lane was the infant school on the other side of the road

jells
09-Apr-2008, 01:56 PM

I think I am losing the plot. I wasn't there in 1962-65 it was 1965 to 1969. May be I feel older than I am!!!!

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 02:03 PM

Hi Jells

I must be a year older than you. Mr Perry was headmaster then. It was never a happy school for me in fact I hated it. I went on to Worden which I really enjoyed and left in 1974.

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 02:09 PM

Also when I started in 1b Mrs Wallace was then Miss Walsh, she married when I was in the first year. Mrs Blackledge was my next teacher, followed by Mr Hewitson and then Mr Stephenson in the final year.

Yvonne
09-Apr-2008, 08:27 PM

Yes thats right, you would have been in the year above me. I was ther 66 to 70 and had Mrs Jeptha, Miss Rawlinson, Mr Young and Miss Wayne. For the 4th year trip we went to Torquay. I remember with great affection Mr Grey the caretaker and Mrs Deacon a dinner lady.

Check this out. I revisit regularly.... http://www.woodlea.lancsngfl.ac.uk/index...egory_id=7

I've found 2 of my class photos on there and maybe a third but I'm having trouble convincing myself its the right one

jells
10-Apr-2008, 12:25 AM

Jells ...

Well done! regarding the link for Woodlea, and seeing as I had never heard of it, surprising that I clicked on it! not realising that it was Fox Lane Juniors - the only name I have ever heard it known by - clicked on one of the Galleries and clicked on the first 1950's photo I saw, and there I was, amazing! and what's more amazing I managed to name every member of the class! found several other photo's as well, so I am very grateful to you for the link. I had never seen this topic before, even though it's dated, so I read the rest, and had a laugh at Brians posting and memories of Ronnie Gott, I remember Ronnie and one of his parties! and also must have raced my Dinky down the slope with you Brian at some time - a Red Cooper-Bristol - great days, pity we cant go back and do it all again! ;-)) Another name that came to mind thinking about parties, and was more than likely from the last year across the Road at Fox Lane Infants was a lad called Hughie Milligan, I think his father was a Doctor possibly in Whittle ?!

Regards ...

MjO ...
15-Apr-2008, 03:12 PM

Yes, I have visited this site as well. Thanks Jells for finding it. I have found myself on one photo, possibly two if that is me!

Yvonne
15-Apr-2008, 03:13 PM

I went to the Isle of Man in my 4th year.

Yvonne