Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fox Lane School - with photo
15-Apr-2008, 11:36 PM

Hello, anyone remember me, Jim Fielding? I attended Fox Lane in the late forties to the early fifties.I remember Mr Fenton Mr Stephenson Mr Young Miss Wayne.cant think of the others.David Banks was my best mate, we lived on Leyland Lane. I still live on Ley Lane, David lives in Spain.I remember the school trip to Dunoon,
If any one can remember me, please let me know. Regards Jim.
Quote this message in a reply
16-Apr-2008, 03:43 AM

Are you the Jimmy Fielding who lived on Broadfield Drive?
John
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Apr-2008, 06:13 AM

Or maybe of the Fielding family who lived down the dead-end dirt street just west of the cricket grounds (Forestway?). It's now a through street to Broadfield, but back in the 1950s was a dead end with about 6 houses. I delivered papers down there for Dobson's and seem to remember a Fielding family there somewhere.

Are you in the photo of the Dunoon group on the station steps, Jim?

Frank Damp

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
17-Apr-2008, 07:14 PM

Hi Jells
I read your letter of the Woodlea site in which to said about the holiday in Torquay. You mentioned a Christine Woods. Christine was a friend of mine for many years. We lived only a street away and I use to get a lift from her mum when we were a Earnshaw Bridge School. Christine was a year younger than me but always followed me to each school the last on being Worden. I saw her about 15 years ago as she was living near me at that time. Sadly we have lost touch, have you seen her lately?

Yvonne
17-Apr-2008, 10:47 PM

no sorry i havent had any contact with christine for so many years almost since school. Though vaguely in the pits of my brain i seem to remember my mum having a connection to her mum, be it work or what i cant recall but was more recent than school maybe about 10/12 years back

jells
05-Mar-2010, 11:57 PM

Message for Colin Damp re Stephen Swithin...my brother
Post a reply so that we can exchange emails
David Swithin
06-Mar-2010, 12:51 AM

David:

Colin has been having some computer problems over the past two weeks. He may not be back on line yet.

Frank Damp

06-Mar-2010, 10:03 AM

Frank
Thanks for the prompt reply (from USA?).
As an aside, it's Steve's 60th birthday today.
I await a response from Colin by mail.
As a 'Freshface' on this site, I don't know whether we are allowed to exchange personal mail addresses / phone nos.
Thanks again and "Have a Nice Day"

David
06-Mar-2010, 04:23 PM

David:

If you go over to the "Members" list, you can send a private message to whatever e-mail address the member has included in his/her profile. Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to put personal data in the message area of a newsgroup or forum.

Yes, I'm in the USA, in the very Northwest corner of the "lower 48" in the town of Anacortes. We're about 50 miles south of the Canadian border.

Frank

09-Feb-2012, 04:01 PM

I too used to go to fox lane infants. ( The old building ) I can remember all sorts of things. Miss Healey was the headmistress when I started in 1964. I remember she and miss Demack had open fires in the classrooms which kept us all warm especially in Mrs Demacks as her classroom was not much bigger than a cupboard.Imagine that.... open fires. hat would H and S make of that.My name was Christine Holland if anyone remembers me.