Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quietest places you have ever been.
04-Jul-2010, 12:48 PM
Quietest places you have ever been.
Loughrig Fell for me. There is a spot on top when all you can hear is the grass.
Quote this message in a reply
04-Jul-2010, 06:07 PM

The hidden valley on Stob Coire Nan Lochan, south of Glenco, where the MacDonalds are said to have hidden their stolen cattle from the Campbells. You enter the valley by a long walk from the car park just south of the village, with an acute drop of several hundred feet to your left, heaven knows how the cattle navigated it. At the end of the rough track the valley opens out and is surrounded by the steep mountains. Magical. It was also pretty bleak and quieton Skye when we walked along the Coolings.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-Jul-2010, 06:10 PM

Deepdale.
04-Jul-2010, 06:42 PM

Lower Lake Ranch ... where I lived for 14 years.

T.D.

T. D.
04-Jul-2010, 11:06 PM

quote:

Originally posted by TonyL

Deepdale.

Yeah followed by Old Trafford, now that is like a church !!
05-Jul-2010, 03:11 AM

Anywhere out in the marshes around here.
John
05-Jul-2010, 09:44 AM

On guard at the tank park in Dorset. Those were really, really long, lonely and very QUIET nights.

Jim
05-Jul-2010, 10:01 AM

A flight in a hot air balloon when the burners are switched off is a silent experience. All you can hear is any movement of the air around you. That kind of silence is eerie because we are not accustomed to it. We very rarely experience complete silence. My trip in a hot air ballon was a thrilling experience and our pilot managed a perfect landing.
Regards to all,
Brian
06-Jul-2010, 06:40 AM

I must agree Brian.. for our 30th wedding anniversary whilst on a cruise of the Nile we took an early morning balloon trip. Magic. So silent and awesome floating over the Valley of the Kings with the Nile River on the side, not a sound only superb views for miles. Brilliant. Egypt is the most fascinating place to experience. sandy
06-Jul-2010, 09:59 AM

Sandyship, Egypt is a place I would like to visit. I have been put off by stories of stomach disorders from the food and water, large crowds and pestering beggars. Is a cruise the best way of seeing the sights and can you recommend a company?
Regard,
Brian