Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow forum
Does anybody else find the forum incredibly slow these days? I do, to a point where it's not much fun trying to reply to a subject. It's taken fully one minute for the text box for this new subject to appear on my screen. Ii's putting me off participating. Maybe it's Martin's secret plan to stop me being first to 1000.[Wink]
I can't say I've noticed a slow down Noel. At the bottom of the page is a timer that says "This page was built in *** seconds" That is how long it took for the server to create the page. Could it be your isp? how does this site compare to other sites?
Martin ~
Martin, I don`t have a lot of trouble with the Forum, its quick. The ISP is a pain sometimes saying pop 3 isn`t working. Lady G doesn`t let me loose very often on MY computer, she`s always posting and using my name from New Zealand, so I`m going back into my box until the weather cools down a bit, William R. ( still an alias)
quote:

Originally posted by Martin

I can't say I've noticed a slow down Noel. At the bottom of the page is a timer that says "This page was built in *** seconds" That is how long it took for the server to create the page. Could it be your isp? how does this site compare to other sites?

Exactly the same with the football forum Martin, I didn't know whether the internet had got bungedup or there was something wrong this end, for information, it's taken 10 minutes for me to get to this point from entering the forum, including 3 disconnections.[V]
What ISP are you using Noel? It might be worth calling them to ask why the servers are so slow.
Martin ~
I'm with Blueyonder. I've called them apparently a virus is affecting Microsft Windows . What's that got do to with connectivity though? Been disconnected 6 timew trying to write this!!!
What a strange reply... Do they mean that a virus is affecting their servers, or where they saying that it was your windows? It sounds like they are having problems. you could of course type all your postings offline and then cut and paste them to the forum online if you are being disconnected.
Martin ~
I could Martin, but it takes ages to get into one subject alone!! Things are better today but I'mm off darn sarf today to Lydney in Gloc, looks like it's cool there, only poor Hayley suffering at the moment in sticky Kent. Nice and cool up here now, 23 C . Luvverly.
We also had big problems yesterday and had to disconnect several times before anything ( Google etc.) ran OK. The pages came up but you couldn't interact .
I don't think there are any new viruses going around but, the newer windoze operating systems do have bugs in them that are constantly being exploited by hackers. Or it could be haevy traffic on the net.
Martin ~