Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facelift Approval for Leyland Town Centre
Angela worked in Farington office block (Purchasing maybe?) in the 60s and 70s. Her brother Andrew also worked in works engineering, whilst her uncle Bert Wareing was a metallurgist in the lab - a terrific character.
quote:

Originally posted by noel
Other elements to the regeneration scheme completed have included the restoration of the Leyland clock on Churchill Way, the siting of a Leyland-built Centurion tank off Flensburg Way and new benches, flower boxes and street lighting in Hough Lane.

I actually think it is really great that they didn't just restore the Clock but also the whole environment and the scene. Because the clock itself wouldn't maybe make as much of an impression if the whole environment would be a wasteland. I think it was a pretty intelligent idea to restore the benches and the flowers uk online boxes and the street lighting along the whole Hough Lane. I really like the looks and the image of that.
Look at last nights LEP for a vision from Preston of what Hough lane should look like. People cars and bykes al winding there way between each other.