Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worden
05-Aug-2010, 10:02 PM
Worden
I was there 1955-1958,lived next door to Johnny Graham in early seventies,he was PE teacher first then technical drawing after George Grimes came.Top teacher Mr.Graham,used to play football before he became a teacher,played for Aston Villa,Blackburn Rovers and others I forget,all first division teams then.Met George Grimes in The Broadfield Arms mid sixties,he remembered me "Let me buy you a pint Owen for all the slippering I gave you",and he did.Mr.Bonney who hit you with a folded bunsen burner tube.The metal work teacher,forgot his name,who gave you the cane and when asked why said "just in case you do something wrong.Fat Jack"woodwork"who would throw whatever was near him at you be it mallet, chisel or a lump of wood.There were some sadistic B------s!!there then.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-Aug-2010, 11:12 PM

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. You must have got up to a lot to have had all that punishment. [Smile]

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-Aug-2010, 10:10 AM

Hello Martin,
Yes and the scars to prove it Ha! Ha!Remembered the metalwork teacher-Mr.Lane.Fred Bond was a lovely bloke and he was taken advantage of by a few,he was brother to Laurence Bond who made the Bond Mini car in Preston.I used to see Mr.Hocking a lot in folk clubs with his wife,Myra I think her name was,she was a reporter for the Evening Post if I remember right,he was a good teacher also although it must not have sunk in with me as my geography is not the best,cheers,Richard.P.S.when were you there?
06-Aug-2010, 10:18 PM

Well fancy John Graham finishing up as a Teacher, I went to the Old School in Faringto0n with John who lived then in Stanifield lane, the house backed onto a field and I l;ived in Highfield Avenue which faced the field in which we kids played Soccer, even at school John's favorite club aws Aston Villa. I lost touch with him when I enlisted during the war and he carried on working in the Tool room at the Motors.
07-Aug-2010, 02:29 AM

quote:

Originally posted by garn1943

Hello Martin,
Yes and the scars to prove it Ha! Ha!Remembered the metalwork teacher-Mr.Lane.Fred Bond was a lovely bloke and he was taken advantage of by a few,he was brother to Laurence Bond who made the Bond Mini car in Preston.I used to see Mr.Hocking a lot in folk clubs with his wife,Myra I think her name was,she was a reporter for the Evening Post if I remember right,he was a good teacher also although it must not have sunk in with me as my geography is not the best,cheers,Richard.P.S.when were you there?

I very much doubt that Martin knows what your on about ! [Big Grin]
07-Sep-2010, 10:12 AM

I seem to recall that George Grime played football for England schoolboys, anyone know what he's doing now retired obviously but I wonder where.