Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Ashes
01-Nov-2010, 05:23 AM
The Ashes
For the first time since I have lived here the Aussie press are talking up England as favourties to win the upcoming Ashes series. The articles are basically saying that England haven't changed much, but the Auusies have really dropped the ball and will lose. What are the local thoughts on England's chances?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-Nov-2010, 11:04 AM

If they were here this year England would walk it but over there ? Will be a good scrap and I will stick my neck out and predict an England victory ...JUST !! [Smile]
01-Nov-2010, 02:51 PM

I'd go for Australia in Australia. England favourites in the Aussie press? Or is it mind games.
05-Nov-2010, 08:51 AM

Update on the Ashes mindgames
http://blogs.cricinfo.com/andyzaltzman/a...esture.php
07-Nov-2010, 07:51 AM

Yet more evidence of the Australian ploy to lull England into a false sense of security for the Ashes with them throwing the one day series 2-0 against Sri Lanka this weekend - what will they think of next..........
19-Nov-2010, 02:09 AM

Just a reminder for those not in the Antipodes that the 1st Ashes Test kicks off next Thursday 25 November 2010
24-Nov-2010, 06:22 AM

Just a reminder - its 1 day till the start of the Ashes series - you beauty!!!!
24-Nov-2010, 12:25 PM

Are you going to any of them Pete ? The tv trailer here shows one of the pundits Shane Warne falling asleep on the plain and having a nightmare about England lifting the Ashes !!
24-Nov-2010, 12:31 PM

I've never known the English be so confident as they are this time. I think it'll all end in tears personally.
My son went to the MCG back in 2004 when he was last over there, said it was a magnificent atmosphere with plenty of beer and sunshine.
24-Nov-2010, 10:57 PM

Pete has never really been one for the sun, but the beer !!!!!!! Well thats a different kettle of fish eh Pete !! [Smile]