Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
London Panorama
01-Dec-2010, 03:47 AM
London Panorama
Here's a 360 degree panoramic view of London, you can zoom in too and identify features that you wish to see !

http://www.360cities.net/london-photo-en.html .
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-Dec-2010, 10:41 AM

Cheers for the link Alan, I've bookmarked it.
01-Dec-2010, 06:19 PM

Cool! Thanks, Alan.
02-Dec-2010, 03:32 AM

Having looked at this panorama, I have much more understanding of Prince Charles' position on architects!

What a horrible appearance London has nowadays. I didn't like the smog and diesel fumes 30 years ago, but that photo has put me off from ever visiting the place again. We might visit the UK, once they build a bridge we can drive the RV across on, but London is definitely off my list of places to visit forever.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
02-Dec-2010, 04:50 AM

I absolutely love London. It is for me one of the best cities in the world. So Vibrant, exciting and with such a variety of places to visit. The most amazing theatres and shows to go to, Museums art galleries, castles galore and walking along the Thames on a lovely summers's day is the best. Popping into a great English quaint pub for a cool beer and plenty of friendly banter. ya can't beat it for me....Love it.. sandy
02-Dec-2010, 06:17 AM

For me too Sandy, I love the place, I lived in the outskirts (Surbiton) for some time working in Weybridege on the Vickers VC10, the Surrey countryside was pretty and we often used to go up town to London at weekends ,often to the Royal Albert hall for concerts -sometimes for 'ban the bomb' meetings ! Barbara was working in West Byfleet nursing at an Orthopedic hospital , we became engaged and bought the ring in Bond Street in 1961 , followed with a champagne dinner on an old wagon at the 'Stable restraunt' in South Kensington. A couple of years ago we took dinner on a Thames river cruise up to way beyond Greenwich , but I must admit walking along Oxford Street one could ask oneself just where one was - so many people from far away places ! All happy times !
We could have enjoyed living in the London or Surrey area but house prices were prohibitive ,so we moved back to Leyland .Last September (2010) we spent an enjoyable day in Windsor another charming town, and yet another at Chartwell, the lovely home of Winston Churchill and well worth a visit .
02-Dec-2010, 10:36 AM

I have visited the Capital quite a lot over the years and each time Im there the pavements seem twice as hard as anywhere else.
03-Dec-2010, 12:45 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent 3 days there, but it wasn't half good seeing cows and sheep again!! A good place to visit, a bad place to live.
03-Dec-2010, 12:53 PM

I love London also - great place