Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Knife Game
10-Dec-2010, 12:33 PM
Knife Game
When I was at school it was ok to take a pen knife into school and we used to play a game where you faced your opponent and sort of threw the knife between their legs but I cant remember the object of the game ? Does anybody know the object of the game and more so what was the game called ? No doubt there will be different names for the game depending on where you came from but any will do ! " Stick in the mud " springs to mind but not 100% on that !
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-Dec-2010, 04:56 PM

I THINK THE NAME OF THE GAME WAS CALLED SPLITS (WELLFIELD)[Smile]
18-Dec-2010, 07:23 PM

It was called Splits.

PS. We weren't interested in sticking our knives in other people which is why it wasnt a problem to have a penknife, not like today.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-Dec-2010, 01:11 AM

Yes the splits - that was it, the cause of many promising soprano careers over the years.
12-Jul-2011, 05:57 PM

Was splits not the game where you threw outside the legs and your opp had to do the splits to touch the knife?.. The other game where you throw between the legs and close your legs to touch the knife until one or the other bottles it was called chicken..... I think
13-Jul-2011, 11:05 AM

What was that game called where you got whacked on the knuckles with the deck of cards if you lost - I remember having all the skin taken off my knuckles - we must have been mad when we were young to play these games - or there wasn't anything good on telly Smile
13-Jul-2011, 02:35 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Harris

What was that game called where you got whacked on the knuckles with the deck of cards if you lost

I remember that one from school. It was a cat and mouse game, you pretended that you were going to give your opponent a good whack to see how many times they would pull thier hand back. [}Smile] We must have beena sadistic lot.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-Jul-2011, 06:48 PM

The way we played the knife game was: When you threw the knife it had to land with the blade sticking into the ground between the person's legs. If successful the person had to spread their legs a little wider. You took turns at throwing the knife and the object was to see who would be the first to fall over as your legs got further and further apart. Brian