Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
school days
09-Jan-2011, 03:34 PM
school days
i went to fox lane infants (st andrews) from 1948/9 till i went to fox lane primary ....we left to move to blackpool around 1954,....i was called Pamela Aston then . I remember Alison Logan and Jean Damp , Peter withnell and the Frodgem children . hope one of you reads this and replies .....or anyone who remembers them too x
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-Jan-2011, 03:38 AM

I was at Fox lane around the same time. Do you remember Avril Gardner or Valerie Woods, Marlene Hall, Barbara jervis, Diane Howarth Paul Frodsham.
12-Jan-2011, 04:48 PM

yes i remember avril, valerie and paul ....the names are very familiar ........we knew the frodsham family well i remember neil frodsham well ( he was my first love lol ..at the age of 6 )
12-Jan-2011, 09:38 PM

quote:

Originally posted by pammy1944

i went to fox lane infants (st andrews) from 1948/9 till i went to fox lane primary ....we left to move to blackpool around 1954,....i was called Pamela Aston then . I remember Alison Logan and Jean Damp , Peter withnell and the Frodgem children . hope one of you reads this and replies .....or anyone who remembers them too x

12-Jan-2011, 09:48 PM

quote:

Originally posted by frank h

quote:

Originally posted by pammy1944

Peter Withnell and the Frodsham children and I lived in Fox Lane. Paul Frodsham was a cousin of the ones in Fox Lane he lived in Cowling Lane at a Grocery shop,we all went to St Mary's
13-Jan-2011, 04:00 AM

See if you can find Jean Damp and Alison Logan on here, I'm on it as well.
Woodlea School has a great web site with loads of old photos.

[Image: School.jpg]

John
13-Jan-2011, 04:07 AM

Jean is in the middle of the front seated row wearing the dress with the straps. I think that's Kathleen Platt to her right and I think Alison Logan is two to her left.

The Logans lived in one of the semi-detached houses with the very long front gardens right opposite the entrance to the Junior School.

Maybe that's my cousin Michael at the left end of the front row of boys and Martin Salisbury at the other end of the row.

Frank Damp

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
13-Jan-2011, 11:22 AM

I think the fourth boy from the left on the back row is John Lawton who became a professor in some biological subject. His younger brother, David, was in the same class as me.
I attended Fox Lane infants from 1950 then moved to the Junior school. At the infant school I remember a big rocking horse but I cant remember ever having a ride on it. I also remember the outside toilets. The headmaster at Fox Lane Junior School was Mr Fenton and one of the teachers was Mr. Young. I remember one of the tasks was to weave a kettle holder with wool on a piece of cardboard. I also remember learning to write with a pen and ink. The ink was extremely watery and full of bits. The pen nibs were scratchy and I am amazed that we learned to write with these primitive materials. Another memory was playing for the school football team. I replied some time ago reporting on the fact that I wore clogs for a while whilst attending the junior school. Regards to all, Brian Forshaw
13-Jan-2011, 04:44 PM

I think you're right about John Lawton, Brian and I think that might be David Demack (unless it's his brother Jeff)second from the left on the top row. Jean is three years younger than me and David was my age, so I'm a bit confused over the date of the photo.

I recognise the faces of many others, but can't put a name to them. When I started at the Junior School, 1A was Miss Palmer (later Mrs. Jephtha), 2A was Miss Rawlinson, 3A was Mr. Hewittson (I think) - unless he had 4B) and 4A was Miss Wayne. 2B was Mr. Stevenson, 3B was Mr. Young. I went as far as 3A, then passed the 11+ and skipped fourth form

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
14-Jan-2011, 03:30 AM

So you remember me I am Avril, Sadly my dear friend Valerie died last year. Also Mavis Renolds she also died last year. Marlene still lives in leyland Doreen lives in Leyland. I believe it was Jean Damp who had an accident when we went to swimming lessons.