Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LOST FRIENDS
25-Jan-2011, 06:53 PM
LOST FRIENDS
I am still trying to find my childhood friend ...
Katheen Gregory nee Wareing.

I lost touch with her 16 years ago when we both
moved house.

She has two sons ... Michael and Stephen, and a daughter
Lynn.

T. D.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
28-Jan-2011, 04:15 PM

I am trying to find any info about Joyce Head nee Duddle. She has a brother Keith and a sister Lynn. Joyce moved to New Zealand with her second hubby Wayne. She also has two sons Stephen and Michael Whittingham. I have bee trying for some years to reconnect, can any one help
29-Jan-2011, 12:14 AM

Nancy,
There's a Wayne Head financial adviser with Spicer's in Wellington - if that sounds likely I can phone and enquire next week.
Let me know.
Jerry

Jerry Threlfall
29-Jan-2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks very much Jerry. If it is the same Wayne Head,he will be about 60ish, Joyce a bit younger. I think the area is correct. They met when I was astudent at Chorley College of Education. Here's hoping
31-Jan-2011, 01:03 PM

Nancy,
Tried both Wellington "W. Heads", Wayne (W.B.) and J.W. - neither turned out to be your one. I then tried phoning the 6 others which turned up in a search across NZ White Pages - 5 answers but no luck there either. There is just one more possibility, a Hastings "W.A. Head" who hasn't answered yet; will try for him again tomorrow. If he isn't the one I can only conclude that either Wayne's phone is unlisted or he is no longer in NZ. (Wayne of Spicers in Wellington was very obliging and told me that some years ago he had a similar enquiry from someone who had met a Wayne Head from Wellington while in Fiji).
Finally, I note that there are about 25 'Heads' with "J" as one initial throughout NZ, also quite a few 'Whittinghams', but no listing for Joyce Head.
Regards,
Jerry

Jerry Threlfall
31-Jan-2011, 03:39 PM

Dear Jerry,

Thanks very much for your help, I still remain hopeful. Wayne is actually a Kiwi and Joyce a Leylander and they decide to move back to NZ after they married in the 70's taking both Michael and Stephen with them, so I think it is unlikely they have moved back to UK, Joyce was very happy in NZ and had a good job.
Anyway if nothing materialises your end, perhaps our [postings maight spark something off here, I still live in the area,Chorley actually
Nancy
21-Dec-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: LOST FRIENDS
Jerry T,
I have not been on the Forum for a few years but I thought I would let you know about my search for my friend Joyce head. You very kindly did some searching for me but with no success.
I found out recently that she died in a boating accident many years ago in Australia and her two boys are still living either in NZ or Australia. So far that is all I can find out.
Thank you once again for your help
Nancy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to nancy for this post