Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kent
This is a bit premature, but I will be moving to Kent in December. It will be an interesting move as I have been in Somerset for three and a half years now and Kent is a bit different. Actually I'm looking forward to it. I'll soon be a city slicker [Wink]
Martin ~
Hi Martin, are you anywhere near Portland Castle? my grandparents were in service there, probably about the year 1900, when they married they had to leave and got work near Bolton.
Isn't that near Weymouth Sandie? I'm further north in Weston Super Mare at the moment.
Martin ~
Martin, I don`t know off-hand how many cities there are in Kent. However , my daughter lives in Canterbury (which looks a great place to live) and we shall be spending next week there.
Jim
Cantebury os a great place Jim. It's not that far from where I will be going, probably less than an hours drive away.
Martin ~
Went into Canterbury Cathedral in 1946, once seen, never to be forgotten. Its still on my list of places to return to. William R.
Just did a quick search Martin, yes you`re right Portland castle overlooks Weymouth harbour.
Good luck with the move Martin. We stayed in a small village, Petham, just outside Canterbury a few years ago. Kent is a lovely place, I hope you are happy there.
Vanessa
Thank you Vanessa. I'm sure it won't take me long to get into my stride there.
Martin ~
I have a cousin, also born in Leyland ,
living in Paddock Wood ,Tonbridge-it sounds absolutely idyllic.I think it's in the area where 'Darling Buds of May' was made-not sure -but it's on the famous Blossom Route.
LG