Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Robinsons Ice cream
08-Jul-2011, 07:27 PM
Robinsons Ice cream
I went to Runshaw College with a lad who lived next door to Robinsons Ice cream on Leyland Lane. This was in 1984 or 85. He had very red hair and played the guitar. We did a few songs together and I have always wondered what happened to him. I can't remember his name so if anyone knows his name or his family name can you let me know then I can try and look him up. Many thanks Alison [8D]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
28-Aug-2011, 01:44 PM

I well remember the robinsons ice cream man coming down fox lane on his tricycle.....he had icecream in a tin thing at the front of it .....he would stop and ring a bell and we would all dash to get our ices .....how times have changed
05-Sep-2011, 10:45 PM

Indeed. Beaten up old sherpa's and not very good ice-cream.
Quote this message in a reply
06-Sep-2011, 12:30 AM

quote:

Originally posted by batteryhen

Indeed. Beaten up old sherpa's and not very good ice-cream.

I haven't a clue what a sherpa's is (a Sherpa is some-one who like's climbing Mount Everest.)

Are you on something?

Robinson's ice cream is superb, the best. I think you just like to wind people up.[?]
06-Sep-2011, 10:51 PM

Ahem.. Sherpas. The BL equivalent of Ford Transits. Yes. It's not, and it relives the tedium.
Quote this message in a reply
20-Sep-2011, 06:40 PM

I feel that a hobby might help your boredom battery Smile
21-Sep-2011, 01:56 PM

I love Robinsons ice cream, trouble is it give me real pain in my throat and eyes. Or is it I am just a gannet <whistles a cheery tune>

I had a weekend job back in 1978 at Robinsons. At that time they had 1 sherpa, 2 transits, 2 bedford cf vans, a tiny fiat thing and 2 really old bedfords with column change gears. Ken and Bill Clegg (God rest his soul) had it then, and Len Robinson had a round there too.

Bet you'll all sleep better now lol. Have a great day one and all.
22-Sep-2011, 02:43 AM

Bazh, I also drove for Robinsons, but back in '62. I drove an ancient Fordson with a crash gearbox. I had'nt been driving long so the gearbox was a bit tricky, no where near as tricky as having the accelerator pedal in the middle and not on the right though.
All the drivers were invited back to the farmhouse for hotpot at the end of the day, I never stayed, there was a monkey in a cage in the dining/kitchen which always smelled bad and had some pretty disgusting habits.
John
22-Sep-2011, 10:47 AM

I remember my Mum finding a slug in a Robinson's cornet circa 1970 ! That was the end of our love affair with our local ice cream maker !!Mr Whippy was soon to come along and steal their thunder with excellent whipped ice cream and the choice of crushed nuts which Robinson's didn't have. I remember he lived in a fair sized detached house on the corner of that cul de sac just down from the Broady !
24-Jan-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Robinsons Ice cream
I wonder if the original poster found their ginger prospective bandmate ?