Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
33 Mill Street in 1851
09-Feb-2013, 04:01 PM

Hi Derek

Thank you for your reply. My apologies for the very late response! I have now discovered that I can 'subscribe to the thread' when posting a reply, so hopefully, I will be notified when I have a response to my postings.

What info do you have on the Norris family?

I am particulalry interested in Caleb (Junior and Senior, born 1813 and 1854) and Zadok (born 1839), they worked in Farington Mill and lived in the cottages on the bridge which backed onto the railway.

I also have George Moss Norris and Harry Moss Norris and Hargreaves in my family on my father's side.

Wendy
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-Feb-2013, 12:38 PM

Sorry Wendy, afraid I haven't come across any of these
Good Luck
Derek
10-Feb-2013, 12:42 PM

Thanks Audrey I will do that.

Thanks for your reply Derek. Good luck with your research.

Wendy
10-Feb-2013, 12:48 PM

Thanks Audrey I will do that.

Thanks for your reply Derek. Good luck with your research.

Wendy
02-May-2013, 09:32 PM
RE:
(09-Feb-2013 04:01 PM)Wendy Wrote:  Hi Derek

Thank you for your reply. My apologies for the very late response! I have now discovered that I can 'subscribe to the thread' when posting a reply, so hopefully, I will be notified when I have a response to my postings.

What info do you have on the Norris family?

I am particulalry interested in Caleb (Junior and Senior, born 1813 and 1854) and Zadok (born 1839), they worked in Farington Mill and lived in the cottages on the bridge which backed onto the railway.

I also have George Moss Norris and Harry Moss Norris and Hargreaves in my family on my father's side.

Wendy

I see you are looking for info about my G-G-Grandparents Caleb and Susannah who was the Mill Master and later the Mill Manager at Farington Mill. What relation are you, I dont see anyone similar in the direct forward line with your name, if you are on the same line it would be interesting!
10-May-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: 33 Mill Street in 1851
Hello plimy

Caleb and Susannah are my 3rd great grandparents!

Please feel free to email me directly if you like and we can swap email addresses. I am happy to share my tree with you on Ancestry or otherwise.

I haven't been able to go any further back than Caleb and Susanah but I have found lots of census results for this line.

My line is as follows:

From Caleb and Susannah
Zadok Norris (b. 1839) is my g g grandfather
Harry Moss Norris (b. 1882) is my g grandfather and
Mary Dorothy Constance Norris is my grandmother

I look forward to hearing from you,
Wendy Smile
11-May-2013, 10:50 AM
Re: Caleb and Susannah

Hello Wendy,

Interesting, unfortunately I am right in the middle of writing a software project at the moment, along with other matters! and something I cannot readily break off! As soon as I get a little free time I will be back in touch, and will message you! It is quite some time since I did any family history research! which will indeed require some finding - as it lies somewhere in the 8TB of my Computing archive - most of my research - luckily! - was reasonably local to the area, and I followed my line back to the early 15th Century. I dont know how much you know about Caleb and Susannah, but seem to remember that they came originally from Heywood, I remember finding their grave details, and that of the family members also buried there, including the Gravestone inscription. I remember visiting the Graveyard to get - as I usually do - a photograph, but unfortunately the stone was flat on the ground, and pretty well buried itself! and from a reasonably quick inspection couldn't tell whether or not the stone detail was either worn away, or whether the stone was indeed supposed to be a standing stone, which had fallen or been pushed over and was laying face down with the detail underneath, and considered at the time - as both myself any my Son-in-Law are both big guys - checking with the Vicar to see if it would be alright to return and elevate and check the stone. Quite a number of my early family members are buried there, and I have photographed and tidied up a number of their Graves, but unfortunately matters of the living have kept me well away from such matters for a good number of years.

Sorry for the rather quick introduction post, but, do indeed hope that it finds you well!

I will check the forum and my forum email from time to time, just in case there is something that I may be able to help you with in the meantime.

Regards Newly Found Family Member
12-May-2013, 11:21 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.

I am intrigued about the gravestone. Could you please let me know which churchyard they are buried.

I would love to hear more about the research you have done going back so far, amazing.

I appreciate you are really busy so I look forward to hearing more when you have the time.

Best wishes

Wendy
24-Aug-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi again Plimy

Not sure if you got my private message but in case you didn't I thought I would drop you a quick line here.

I am visiting Lancashire this morning and hopefully I will manage to find the gravestone, from what you have said I am guessing it is at a church in Heywood, so I will have a look online before I go. I love a bit of detective work lol!

I do hope you are well and I hope to hear from you again.

Best wishes,
Wendy
09-Oct-2013, 04:03 PM
Wendy:

I'd missed this thread during the time I was struggling to get my access to the forum restored.

When I was delivering newspapers in my teens, one of my customers was the Thomas Hargreaves family. They were a prominent Leyland family and lived in a big detached house on a couple of acres to the south of Church Road, about 1/4 mile west of the Balshaw's campus.

Before I was married, I lived, with my parents and siblings, on a street named after them - Hargreaves Avenue. It's off Canberra Road, opposite Broadway.

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.